- Jul 30, 2021
Facebook has launched multiple accounts login feature in its Messenger app for Android users. Sometimes we share our phones or tablets with our friends and family members – but want to keep our communication private. With the new feature, Android users can access multiple accounts from a single shared device without sharing their personal information like chat history, shared images and more.
The social media giant has been testing the feature for its popular messaging platform Messenger for a while but now officially announced to roll out in a Facebook post. If you are concerned about your personal messages, there is an option to safeguard your account privacy.
The members who are sharing the device with you will only be able to see just the number of notifications of messages you received, but they will never be able to read the content of your messages or see the sender’s name.
Here is the step by step guide how you can add more Messenger accounts in your shared single device.
- Go to your Messenger profile and tap ‘Accounts’ section under in Messenger for Android settings.
- Here you can add another account with just a few steps – you can log into even without having a Facebook profile.
- Once you give the required details you need to put your password to switch to your new account. Here you can choose whether you allow Messenger to remember your password.
- With only three steps you can switch between your accounts without letting other users to see your private messages.
- And lastly, if you’d like to stop sharing your device with others simply remove that particular account from your Messenger app.
Last month Facebook has announced that it has around 800 million active Messenger users worldwide in its 2015 Q4 earnings a report. The social networking platform also enabled account switching feature in Instagram – allowing users to add up to five accounts on the same device.