Facebook started rolling out the Facebook Profile video – the social media giant will soon introduce a new feature for Facebook Profile on android mobile phones. Last year Facebook introduced adding profile videos for iOS users. Now, it has started rolling out on Android devices.
Some Android users noticed a pop-up message in their Facebook app “Profile videos are coming soon. We’re slowly rolling out this new feature, and will let you when it’s ready.”
Every day an average of four billion times of profiles are visited by users on Facebook, where your friends see your profile picture, like, and give comments. By setting your Profile as a Profile Video, you can show your personality and creativity to your Facebook Friends.
You will be able to film a short looping Video Clip that will play for anyone who visits your Profile. With this new feature, some design changes are made so that the profile picture and video will be Centered and Bigger than your Profile.
Another feature is the Temporary Version of your Profile Picture, in which you can set your temporary profile picture to 1hr, 1 day, or 1 week, and that reverts back to your previous profile picture. As an example, if you are in vacation mode for 1 week, you can set your profile picture for 1 week, and then it will revert back to the previous profile picture.
You can also highlight what is important to you by choosing up to five featured photos to be showcased at the top of your profile.
By following these simple steps, you can set your Facebook Profile Video:
- Open your Facebook app on your Android mobile.
- Open your Facebook profile.
- Tap your Current Profile Picture.
- In the menu, it will appear the options “Take a new Profile Video” or “Coming soon.” If you have got the option, you can go ahead and record a short video to use as your profile video or upload one you have already taken.
- Now your profile picture is set to profile video.