Since the inception of Google Plus, Google has experimented a lot with its new features and services. Now the search engine giant to move Hangouts On Air, a popular feature, from Google Plus to YouTube Live. Google, in an announcement on its Support Page, said that Hangouts On Air would no longer be available in Google Plus from coming September 12.
Google first launched the live streaming services of Hangouts group video chat on Google Plus back in September 2011. This was then available to some selected celebrities and rolled out to all users in May 2012. A year later, Google brought YouTube Live, which is more popular among users. Since YouTube is the more used medium when it comes to video, users will enjoy Hangouts On Air on YouTube Live rather than Google Plus.
You can broadcast and host your live performance and discussion through YouTube Live using your Google account. It will also provide you the option of editing and sharing the broadcast on your Google Plus profile.
You can use YouTube to create an event, and here is a detailed guide to setting up Hangouts On Air with YouTube Live:
- Go to live streaming events in Creator Studio.
- Click the new live event.
- Select Quick (using Google Hangouts On Air).
- Give your live stream a title.
- Click Go live now or enter in details to schedule your event for later.
- Use Hangouts to broadcast live.
Elegant Themes - The most popular WordPress theme in the world and the ultimate WordPress Page Builder. Get a 30-day money-back guarantee. Get it for Free
To broadcast the Hangout on air, you have to follow these steps:
- If you don’t have a YouTube channel, create a YouTube channel and Verify your YouTube channel through the SMS,
- Your Google + page should be connected with Your YouTube channel. If you create a new YouTube channel, it automatically connects to your Google Plus profile. But, if you previously used your Google+ page to broadcast to a channel, you need to link the page to its YouTube channel.
Once you broadcast your post, you can edit it and also can add new features. In Hangout On Air, you can add up to 10 people at once and host for up to 8 hours. Google also lets you broadcast your event on your page to get maximum visibility.