The wristwatch is now a past for users since the smartphone has become handier. For many users, the smartphone is the only clock for them to check time and Google has a very popular app for Android. Some of the devices are pre-installed with the app and are also available in Play Store, users can download it. This app just updated to v5.0 but as of now it’s not a big change and the search giant has rolled out the latest version comes with enhanced UI and updated features.
Here are some things in the updated app which are spotted so far-
- Top icons now have labels in addition to icons, spaced evenly across the top
- Timer and stopwatch buttons are now text-only
- App font is bolder
- Smoother alarm expanding animation
- Time zones in the clock now show how many hours ahead/behind
- Style setting is now a drop-down instead of a pop-up menu
- Option to display time with seconds
- Screen saver mode hides navigation buttons
The enhanced user interface comes with additional labels or simple text label which is placed evenly at the top. The time zones also include a neat line that indicates how many hours ahead or behind each one is relative to the user.
There is a new feature regarding screensaver mode which completely hides the navigation button after activation. The new “time with seconds” option is dangerous for the screensaver because after turning on the new “time with seconds” option it may crash the screensaver, so be aware of it.
People can either get the version of the clock app from apk mirror or wait to get its update to their devices.