When water is an important element to be used in your work, you need to pay more emphasis on its flow. It has to be up to the mark as per requirements or may lead to big problems. With the advancement of technology, many new things are introduced to serve this purpose in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Among them, pressure valves have proved to be one of the best solutions available nowadays.
Simply, pressure valves are best to be considered as relief valves. They are used widely to maintain and control a preset and decreased downstream pressure. It is specifically done by enabling the main valve to sustain and throttle the desired pressure, irrespective of the upstream water pressure and variations in demand.
Striking features of pressure valves:
The pressure valves are a popular type of valve that is used to limit or regulate the pressure in a specific system constructed particularly for a failure of the equipment or upset instrument. The valves relief pressure when the pressurized fluid can flow out of the system from an auxiliary passage. Some of the outstanding features of pressure relief valves are –
- They decrease the water pressure and obtain a constant regulated value at the junction of its outlet.
- They are recommended to be installed specifically at the water mains if it is for a flat or bungalow.
- They are completely automatic and thereby, increasing your conveniences.
- They can be smoothly adjusted to increase or decrease the fluid pressure and tighten the screw that comes with adjusting features.
- They are heavily applauded and accepted due to their versatility and reliability.
- They can be used to perform a huge plethora of services when sized properly.
- They are found in varied types and the most common ones are conventional valves, pilot operated valves, balanced bellows valves and many more.
Benefits of using pressure valves:
When you have a great demand for water to accomplish your work, you must consider using top class pressure valves. You will be glad to find the good water pressure in your home when everyone else complains about poor water pressure. However, the issues associated with high water pressure cannot be overlooked, as it may lead to pipe damage, leaks, and wastage of water at an increased rate.
The miserable situation can be improved if you plan to invest in pressure valves. They are used to reduce or control the pressure and flow of water entering your building. If you are still unaware of the benefits of installing a pressure reducing valves, you must go through the following points.
- Save a huge amount of money on water costs.
- Offer stable and reliable pressure for the existing household water systems.
- Protect water using fixtures and appliances by decreasing the water pressure on them.
- Avoid weird screaming noise generally produced through high water flow velocities.
- Stop wastage of water by reducing their flow rates.
- Prevent the major risk of leaks caused by high water pressure.
- Minimize the use of energy while heating water for washing machines, showers, dishwashers, etc.
- Conserve a good volume of water specifically when it is used in high water pressure areas.
- Stop banging and loud water hammer which is often caused due to built-up water pressure.
After considering all the above-mentioned benefits, you may start thinking whether your water pressure is too low or too high. Instead of making irrelevant decisions, it is wise to contact a qualified plumber to examine the water pressure at your home for better improvements. They will suggest you which pressure valves are to be used.