- Jul 27, 2021
Microsoft introduced the next generation of Skype in the last month. There were many new features previously, but those weren’t enough to attract popularity. Microsoft provided certain inputs as a feedback after that, which altogether makes the latest update a huge turnover for Skype.
Firstly, it is naturally important that your contacts have the latest version of Skype, apart from the same for yourself. This is to help you get the most out of the newest Skype. Also, the social media app is on the verge of gradually updating and coming up with even newer features to enhance user experience as much possible.
Skype is providing you with some initial updates, while fixing:
- Ability to delete contacts
- Ability to delete conversations
- Multi-tasking in the middle of a call
- Notifications and so on
The offerings of the next generation of Skype don’t just stop there.
The new features introduced by Skype are:
- Home screen will display statuses of your contacts for you to easily see who is/are active
- Native sharing abilities on both iOS and Android for you to share contents between Skype chats and other apps or services
- More color options and themes for you to personalize Skype
- An updated user interface for you to enjoy better legibility, and for easier navigation and access to your conversations
Therefore, no more of the issue regarding the user’s inability in seeing who is active/inactive. The next generation of Skype also lets you go for native sharing, again. While you can update or download Skype from Google Play Store, keep in mind that some new changes are still rolling out.
Skype is planning to implement more new features and updates in the coming months. The goal of Skype’s next generation is to “bring the people in your world closer together than ever before”. Considering the aforementioned features, Skype is surely on the way to justify its objective. Learn more from the new Skype.com feature page.