A press event in New Delhi saw the Chinese company Xiaomi launching the ‘big’ Mi Max 2 in India. The smartphone was unveiled in China in May this year, and it is rather a phablet being a successor to the Mi Max of the last year.
The device is suitably named ‘Max’ with its high-end specs, being a big phone, and undoubtedly following the trend set by its predecessor. It has two variants, one with 64 GB storage capacity and another with 128 GB. The latter variant launched in China has not been released in India. Alongside the whooping battery power, Mi Max 2 runs on the Android N, packs an exclusive processor, and features a rear dual camera setup.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Specs
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with MIUI 8 setup
- Size: 1 x 88.7 x 7.6 mm
- Display: 44-inch Full High Definition with 1080×1920 pixels and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: Octa-core Snapdragon 625 at 2 GHz and with 14nm FinFET
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- Rear Camera: 12 megapixels with Dual LED flash with PDAF and Sony IMX 386 sensor
- Front Camera: 5 megapixels
- Battery: 5,300mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
Equipped with the latest technologies and updated features, the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is most likely to storm the Indian markets. It might be categorized under a good mid-range smartphone and is to attract fans of phablets with large displays.
The exclusive package of the device is coupled with its availability on both online and offline platforms in India, starting from 27th July. It is going to be the first Xiaomi device to be released on both platforms. The handset is priced at Rs. 16,999 or $265, and it is the first Xiaomi phone with Android Nougat launched in India.
How do you like the entire idea of the Xiaomi Mi Max 2? Let us know in the comments.