Preview Prelude - Eye ControlAs in the new preview, the most significant addition is the Tobii’s eye tracking technology. In fact, it was just two days before that Microsoft announced its inclusion in Windows 10. With this feature, users with disabilities can operate the system only by their eyes. The operation includes a keyboard, an on-screen mouse, and the text-to-speech experience. The only additional requirement is a compatible eye tracker for users to process out the normal keyboard and mouse activities. Eye Control still works on Beta and is so far only compatible with EN-US keyboard layout. But the best part is that more compatible keyboard layouts are coming. Eye Control can only recognize Tobii hardware such as the Tobii Eye Tracker 4C. Support for other hardware like those of I-Series, EyeMobile Plus, PCEye Plus, and Tobii Dynavox PCEye Mini are on the way. Microsoft confirmed that the company is looking forward to work with hardware vendors. The objective is to provide users with more options to enjoy the Eye Control experience.
Windows 10 EdgeEdge of Windows 10 now got a modern appearance in the browser frame. It is an inspiration from Fluent Design System of Microsoft. According to the company, it uses Acrylic material that delivers transparency and depth to tab bar and other controls. In the process, the animation for the buttons has become “more responsive and delightful”.
Other ChangesWindows 10 also gets an important change to the address bar. While not in focus, it will be under the cursor while clicking and dragging texts. Previously, it wasn’t this easy to edit parts of a URL, as the text would shift after the arrival of https://. Furthermore, Edge received fixes in terms of image copying, tab ordering, and closing tabs in full-screen mode. As for the Windows Console, it gained support for full 24-bit RGB color. The default colors are receiving their first rebuild in more than two decades. The aim behind this is to improve legibility of darker colors on the screens of today. As far as input improvements are concerned, the touch keyboard will now launch faster from your taskbar. Developers removed the bugs of dictation and Japanese keyboards as well. On the other hand, WDAG received performance improvements too, regarding its container launch times. This tool is now capable of providing more detailed info during boot.
Bug FixesFollowing are the general bug fixes and improvements in the Windows 10 desktop build:
- Fixed issue on battery flyout message showing unexpected texts
- Fixed issue on network settings that get reverted to default after their upgrades
- Storage spaces expanded by fix in Build 16241 for remediating the desktops in bad state
- Fixed issue on narration starting from page top after you switching to new tab and back to Edge again
- Fixed issue of Windows Defender recognizing folder in File Explorer for scanning purpose, even if the folder name contains #
- The Windows Search Service will no more remain frozen on startup after upgrade
- Fixed issue on performance lag regarding games like World of Warships, World of Tanks, and World of Warplanes of Wargaming
- Fixation received on certain insiders not being offered higher builds than Build 16241
- Fixed issue on VPN connection, where the usage of a downloaded solution from Windows Store might crash the system
India Coronavirus Cases Update 112,359 Total 3,435 (3.1%) Deaths 45,300 (40.3%) Recovered
21 May 2020, 2:03 AM (GMT)