Technology has brought about changes in a wide array of industries. The education industry is one of them. Over the last couple of years, there has been a big change in the education world. Due to technological advancement, it is now possible to access vast repositories of knowledge online without having to invest a lot of money. This was all made possible by the development of online training software, but that is only one of the ways in which you can educate yourself.
The good thing is that it is no longer necessary to pay high university fees in order to become an expert in a particular niche. To help you better understand what choices you can opt for, let’s take a look at a couple of ways in which you can educate yourself.
Online learning courses
development and growth of online training software have led to the creation of various online websites where you can acquire skills, complete certified courses and improve your knowledge at your own pace. This is an important change, especially when you take into account how expensive the traditional education system is.
By registering on platforms such as Khan Academy, Udemy, and Coursera, you have a choice of acquiring a certificate in any area of expertise you are interested in. Additionally, all of the courses that you master are going to be featured on your LinkedIn profile. This will show all employers that you have a wide set of skills.
These are not the only platforms that are built upon online training software; there are many others. You can engage with industry veterans and research online to find out more. You will be surprised by how much you can learn with minimal financial investments.
Learning from video content is the most effective way to acquire new skills and information. Besides it being supported by online learning software, you can find plenty of free video resources online. Places like YouTube, TED videos, and other similar resources are full of content rich with priceless information.
You can practically learn any particular skill through these resources, as videos are much more descriptive than textual material.
Videos are not the only popular medium people use for learning. In the past couple of years, podcasting has become immensely popular. With a little bit of research, you can easily find podcasts that include a lot of useful information.
If you are looking for a way to acquire new information and learn on the go, you can listen to podcasts while you are driving to work or commuting via the Metro. This comes with the advantage over the video format, as you can multitask while you are listening to podcasts.
Free online content
Besides a variety of online video and audio materials, you can find an abundance of other resources that can help you on your education path. There is a wide range of blogs and forums where you can find plenty of free information. It will take some time to find the right resources, but all in all, you can find topics that will interest you.
Following the right resources
- When it comes to video materials, you should definitely stick with YouTube, as it simply has the biggest collection of video materials. Furthermore, TED Talks should be a channel you actively follow, as experts from around the world tackle all kinds of problems and hold lectures where you can learn many new things.
- For example, a very valuable resource that will help you find practically any type, of course, is the Open Education Consortium. It is a website dedicated to finding free courses students from any country can take. With it, you can find plenty of textual, audio, or video materials that will help you move forward on your education path.
- No matter what niche you are planning to penetrate, there are communities that will be let you excel and acquire knowledge. This is something you should consider from the moment you start learning new skills.
For example, Stack Overflow is a great community for those who are in the coding world. Finding such communities in your respective field will let you get in touch with others who are far more experienced than you, which will help you grow at a faster pace. Also, in these communities, you can find a mentor who will guide you in the right direction and help you learn more.
- When it comes to podcasts, it is best to follow resources such as Edutopia, where you can find a selection of different educational podcasts.
- One particularly useful website for learning immediately applicable skills is Instructables. This website consists of countless how-to projects people have decided to share with the world. Whatever you need to create on your own, no matter if it is a coding challenge or a home DIY project, you can find it here.
- One of the best resources for books is org. This website is like an Internet library where you get free access to millions of free books. Take some time to look for content on it; you will easily be able to find, read or download an ebook perfect for your educational needs.
By using the latest technology has to offer, you can easily educate yourself. It is simple, those creating studying materials and online training courses follow the latest development in career trends. It is a much faster approach than having to publish a whole book. Therefore, online training courses and other types of materials offer up-to-date information that will prepare you better for any position.
If you haven’t already, give eLearning a chance, it is time you should because it will let you excel and grow.