About a month ago, OnePlus began testing Android 8.0 Oreo for OnePlus 3 and 3T in form of a closed beta program. Finally today, OnePlus made the latest Android OS open for all while rolling out the update in the form of OxygenOS Open Beta program.
For the smartphones, OP3 and 3T OnePlus released the OxygenOS Open Beta 25 that provides the Oreo. While OnePlus 5 already succeeded the two smartphones, the company hasn’t yet revealed plans regarding upgrading it with Android 8.0 Oreo.
At the same time, it must be noted that the update is still in beta stage, which means that there will still be issues. Given that, OnePlus says the Beta 25 program can be used as a daily driver.
The following is the official changelog of the Beta 25 program for OP3 and 3T:
- Update to Android O (8.0)
- Picture-in-Picture is added
- Added Auto-fill
- Smart text selection is added
- New Quick Settings design
- September security patch
- Added Notification dots in Launcher
- Added OnePlus account login for access to Shot on OnePlus
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus through wallpapers
- Fingerprint actions may be slower than you are used to.
- Shortcut to access Google Photos is unavailable
- Some stability issues with NFC and Bluetooth
- Performance and compatibility of 3rd party apps will continue to be optimized
Therefore, the update is bringing all the features of Oreo for both the mobiles! As for the issues, OnePlus said that the fingerprint scanner will remain a little slower than usual. Not just that, you won’t get any shortcut for Google Photos either. Additionally, the company noted certain stability issues with Bluetooth and NFC.
Furthermore, compatibility and performance of third-party apps are yet to be properly optimized. Finally, when you are to install the Open Beta of Oreo on OP3 or 3T, you have to manually flash it. In case you are already a part of the beta program, you will have the update through an OTA update.
Have you checked the installation of OxygenOS Open Beta 25 on either OP3 or 3T? Let us know in comments if you are facing stability issues or other glitches. Stay tuned with us as we will serve hot regarding further updates on Android 8.0 Oreo.