1. Earthquake AlertThis is probably the most popular Android app for alerting people regarding earthquakes. Weighing under a megabyte, it displays recent tremors and earthquakes and provides a map with all activities pointed to it. Powerful tremors and quakes are red-marked and smaller ones are marked in green. You can also filter the quakes on the basis of intensity, distance from your location, and time. Additionally, you get to send news to others via several messaging apps. The USGS site lets you register your feedback by posting a comment.
2. Earthquake LiteAn earthquake preparedness app for iPhone, this app provides you data from as many as 18 sources and has push notifications for quake over 4.0. Users can filter and customize notifications based on magnitude, distance, and receive time. The app also offers historical data, epicenter distance, and even sharing in details over numerous social media.
3. TemblorThis is another iPhone earthquake app that gives you insightful data on earthquakes, and it even gets marks for being user-friendly. You will get to monitor data via maps, charts, forecasts for global seismicity, and even estimates of home damage.
4. Earthquake - American Red CrossThe American Red Cross created this app for both the iOS and Android platforms. It provides insightful info on do’s and don’ts in the occurrence of an earthquake, and the same can be accessed offline as well. You will further receive notifications of nearby earthquakes by the USGS. Other features include safety alerts on social media for letting your loved ones know about your safety, and you can send it via email and text too.
5. Life360It is the most recommendable among our observations because of its availability on three platforms, iOS, Android, and Windows. You can set up a group of people within a ‘circle’ in the app, and GPS can provide you with each circle member’s current location. The app further notifies you regarding a member’s arrival at a key location like home or work. An emergency button and chat feature open ways for responsiveness in needful times, so that you can act as per your safety concerns during and after strong tremors. Check out the official website for the app to know what else you can do in terms of preparedness. While we came across numerous other apps that provide data and let you share the same along with safety alerts, that too in various platforms; these 5 apps ensure the most compact performances that you expect during emergencies. How did this list help you? Can you add any other app to this? Let us know in comments and share your knowledge with others. Stay safe and follow us for more lists such as this!
India Coronavirus Cases Update 226,770 Total 6,348 (2.8%) Deaths 109,462 (48.3%) Recovered
05 Jun 2020, 9:32 AM (GMT)