On January 14, Xiaomi distributed firmware MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM, which can be installed on several phones. The new operating system can be hitherto downloaded and installed on smartphones like Mi MIX 2, Redmi Note 5A, Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1 Lite, Redmi Note 5A Prime, Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus. The new firmware is all set to receive three dozen of branded mobile devices to launch on the market under the brand name Xiaomi.
Though it does not have Android Oreo, it still does shower a lot of improvements to its consumers. With Xiaomi MIUI 9.2, the own ROM of Xiaomi, it is able to fix its typical abound bugs. Soon it will be available to the other models as well.
Xiaomi has officially announced its changes in the MIUI 9.2. The lists of changes are:
- Vibration will not affect the volume reduction features of notifications.
- New setting in the time available for the user to be able to access notifications with the screen locked.
- Several themes now supported in the clock widget.
- It will be easier to move apps to a folder with Xiaomi MIUI 9.2.
- Add widgets with just a simple click.
- Themes will alert you when you need to connect to NET.
- Multiple adjustments to the “Add favorites” icon.
- Reduce the number of notifications whenever the user is turned off in your Mi account.
- The image will no longer be compressed multiple times.
- Mi Mover in certain cases was not copying all apps to the new device.
- Several problems loading large GIF files.
The new updates allow users to reset the Mi Mover application and if there is any interruption in data migration the hotspot connection will be restored automatically. This is one of the major releases by the Chinese mobile company so far – now entire application blocking feature can hide messages from apps selected by the Xiaomi user.
The other improvements are also being done as for improving the battery life, security as well as stability. This firmware could be downloaded easily through the ‘setting’ application after which you open ‘about the phone’ section and then to the ‘software update’ button.