Android now has over 2 billion active devices globally and provides diversity and plentitude in terms of choice for both users and businessmen. However, several enterprise IT organizations, often befuddled by its numerous options, are left with the question of which Android devices are right for their purpose. The need for frequent security updates, trustworthy and time-tested software, and simplified device selection are some of the concerns of customers.
In order to curb these issues, they are launching the Android Enterprise Recommended Program, a Google-led initiative that shall raise all bars of excellence for enterprise devices and services.
This program will establish the best-suited needs for devices and services alike, supported by an extensive testing process conducted by Google itself, including OEMs in the program, which receive an enhanced level of technical support and training. In addition to this, the devices meet exclusive sets of hardware, deployment security updates, and user experience to assist the organizations in handling one of the most challenging and diverse business environments.
Some of the Android Enterprise Recommended requirements and best practices include:
1. Minimum hardware specifications for Android 7.0+ devices
2. Support for bulk deployment of Android devices, including zero-touch enrollment
3. Delivery of Android security updates within 90 days of release from Google, for a minimum of three years
4. Availability of unlocked devices, direct from manufacturer or reseller
5. Consistent application experience in managed profiles and on managed devices
6. The full Android Enterprise Recommended requirements list can be found on our site.
Elegant Themes - The most popular WordPress theme in the world and the ultimate WordPress Page Builder. Get a 30-day money-back guarantee. Get it for Free
Each new Android platform release will ensure an update for the program requirements and continue to strive to achieve new heights of user experience for their enterprise customers.
Android Enterprise Recommended devices
They have announced a number of market-leading devices at launch, including:
1. BlackBerry KEYone and Motion
2. Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, and Pixel 2 XL
3. Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro, P10, P10 Plus, P10 Lite, and P smart
4. LG V30 and G6
5. Motorola X4 and Z2
6. Nokia 8
7. Sony Xperia XZ1, XZ1 Compact, XZ Premium, XA2, and XA2 Ultra
More devices can be expected to be added to the Android Enterprise Recommended Program in the coming weeks and months. Throughout this year, they shall also apply the program framework to additional partner types, including OEMs of “dedicated” and rugged devices, mobile carriers, Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) providers, and systems integrators.
Mobility is a critical criterion for digital transformation when it comes to enterprises and this program is believed to simplify and add confidence to the decision making process, enabling global IT leaders to concentrate resources on core business.