To break this major news for you, Samsung had been doing something bigger than ever! Yes, The Galaxy S9 is shipping with a super-slow-mo feature, according to reports. And no other phone maker has implemented it like this before. Like NEVER BEFORE! This amazing super-slow-motion feature in the Galaxy S9 will come with two capturing modes, the first mode will allow you to tap the shutter button and record everything in slow motion. The second will only start to capture slow-motion video when it detects movement in the frame.
Let us explain, for instance, if you’re pointing the camera at a static image, it won’t record. But as soon as something enters the frame and moves around it, the camera will record in super-slow-motion. But Samsung’s efforts go beyond that. The company’s technology will also allow you to record a video at normal speed and at any point, and tap a button that will convert the video to slow motion. You can then turn it off and go back to normal speed. Yet, our major concern is just how high the resolution will be of these videos? According to sources, Samsung will use its new ISOCELL camera sensor, which is capable of recording 1080p video at up to 480 frames per second. If you want to push the frames per second to 960, you’ll be able to record in 720p.
Samsung hasn’t confirmed that super-slow-motion is coming to this year’s Galaxy S9. However, several leaks, including one of the Galaxy S9’s box, revealed specs that include the feature. This would be the first time that Samsung would offer it in its flagship handset. In addition to slow motion, the main Super Speed Dual-Pixel rear camera of the Galaxy S9 will reportedly offer a variable aperture that goes from f/1.5 (for superior low-light performance) to f/2.4 (for wide-angle shots). Samsung is also said to be planning a dual-lens camera for its Galaxy S9+.
For the rest of the features, here’s our little rundown:
– 5.8in / 6.2in QHD+ Super AMOLED curved display (570ppi / 529ppi)
– Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (US) / Samsung Exynos 9810 (UK)
– 4GB RAM or 6GB RAM / 6GB RAM
– 64GB/128GB / 64GB/128GB/256GB storage
– Cat 18 LTE support (1.2Gbps download speeds)
– Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
– 12MP Dual Pixel camera with OIS (f/1.5, f/2.4) / Vertical dual rear-facing camera, 8MP front-facing camera
– Bixby AI assistant with dedicated button
– USB-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
– Stereo speakers
– Wireless charging support
– IP68 water and dust resistance
– Built-in FM radio
– Updated DeX docking station
– Midnight Black, Titanium Gray, and Coral Blue, Lilac Purple variants