Dell’s newly launched workstation is dubbed by the brand as the most powerful Dell 1U rack workstation in the world, going by the name Dell Precision 3930 Rack.
The workstation offers powerful performance as a compact solution in the industrial makeover. The rack height brings better rack density as well as extended operating temperatures than the existing standard models. It is further equipped with dust filters and short depth. There are legacy ports for seamless integration on complex industrial automation and medical imaging.
Among other features are the following:
- The rack workstation provides up to 64 GB of 2666MHz DDR4 memory thanks to the introduction of Intel Xeon E processors and an 8th Generation Intel Core CPU.
- The Intel Xeon E processor supports Error Correcting Code (ECC) for increased reliability.
- The rack workstation offers best-in-class workstation performance and provides the flexibility of up to 250W of doublewide GPUs, and scalability with up to 24 TB of storage.
- With 3 PCIe slots, including an optional PCI slot, this workstation can tackle complex tasks with ease.
- A range of NVIDIA Quadro professional GPUs is available. With the Quadro P6000, users benefit from 24GB of GDDR5X and powerful ultra-high-end graphics performance.
- In addition, customers have the option to choose AMD Radeon Pro graphics.
The company is providing an additional technology that’s optional. It is the Teradici PCOIP technology that can deliver flexible, secure and fast remote 1:1 user access. Also, the rack workstation can be smoothly integrated into the data center and doesn’t consume much space.
The Dell 1U Rack Workstation targets the following fields to find its purpose: engineering design, mathematics, science, and other fields that involve huge data and graphics. It is not just packed with premium features, but as well affordable, starting at $649.
The workstation comes with the Dell Precision 3630 Tower that has more expandability than its predecessor. It has a range of ports for connecting external data sources, storage devices etc. There are scalable storage offerings that feature SATA and PCIe NVMe SSDs, and these can be “configured for up to 14 TB with RAID support.”
For supporting intellectual property creations of the workstation users, the brand is offering an optional Smart Card (CAC/PIV), the reader. This will not just add security but as well encourage management of the user data.
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss an update on the latest tech, gaming, startup, how to guide, deals and more.