Huawei’s two new mid-range smartphones, Nova 3 and Nova 3i, were finally launched in India, with Product Manager Ankit Yadav, unveiling the two new phones.
The Huawei Nova 3 is priced at Rs. 34,999 in India and goes on sale on August 23, whereas Huawei Nova 3i is priced lower at Rs. 20,990 and will hit the market on August 7. Both phones will only be available on Amazon India exclusively and pre-orders start today at 2 pm. Launch offers to provide no-cost EMIs, extra Rs. 2,000 off on exchange, and Rs. 1,000 cashback on pre-booking. Meanwhile, Jio customers get a cashback of Rs. 1,200 and 100GB of complementary data.
Coming to the hardware and software specifications, both handsets carry dual cameras both in front and on the back, with AI integration, display notch with sensors and the front camera module. Both their front cameras have HDR Pro. The phones will receive GPU Turbo mode through an OTA update for a gaming, along with an AI-based 4D gaming experience. The handsets will be launched in India with 128GB storage capacities.
Huawei and Amazon India have teamed up to deliver an AI-based shopping experience to the customers. This will allow the user to go to the Amazon list of a product directly by long pressing on its image with two fingers. Another alternative is for users to take a photo of the product so that the tech can scan it and open the Amazon listing.
Huawei Nova 3 will get IR-based Face Unlock functionality, and both the smartphones come in two colors – Iris Purple and Black.
Other Huawei Nova 3 specifications include:
- Dual SIM (Nano)
- Runs EMUI 8.2 on Android 8.1 Oreo OS
- 6.3 inch full HD (1080×2340 pixels) with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio and an 85 percent NTSC color gamut
- Powered by octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 970 SoC (Huawei’s first chipset made on the 12nm process
- Mali-G72 GPU
- 6GB of RAM
- 64GB/ 128GB of inbuilt storage
- Vertical dual rear camera with a 16-megapixel primary sensor, a secondary 24-megapixel sensor with PDAF, f/1.8 aperture
- Dual front camera with a 24-megapixel primary sensor, 2-megapixel secondary sensor, f/2.0 aperture (the front camera comes with 3D Qmoji, which is Huawei’s AR-based emojis like iPhone X’s Animoji)
Other Huawei Nova 3i specifications include: