- Aug 3, 2021
In order to bring Google Assistant to an interactive screen, today, Google and Lenovo launched Smart Displays. It goes on sale in the U.S. this weekend, in retail and online stores.
The Lenovo Smart Display, with the built-in Google Assistant, will bring you all Google services, including Photos, Maps, Duo, and YouTube, with a fulfilling visual experience. Easy to set up and easy to use, you can ask for Google services on the Smart Display with voice commands and touch gestures, including entertainment, calls and managing your schedules, and is a smart choice for your smart home.
Here are some of the things that you can do with your Google Assistant on Smart Displays:
1. Smart Displays let you enjoy music, news, audiobooks, and podcasts, and it is easy to look for a particular song or album. You may stream music on YouTube Music, Google Play Music, Spotify, and Pandora watch news videos on Google News, and read briefed news from sources like CNBC, CBS, and Cheddar. With iHeartRadio and TuneIn, you may tune in to your favorite radio stations, and listen to podcasts on Google Podcasts, or even to audiobooks from Google Play Books. In case of audiobooks and podcasts, your Assistant can pick up right where you left off earlier.
2. You may ask YouTube to play any video. Besides, with every Smart Display, you get access to three free months of YouTube Premium. A YouTubeTV membership will let you enjoy live or recorded TV from your library.
3. If you need help with a recipe, you can ask for your Assistant’s guidance to prepare a delicious meal and it’ll give you the key to a whole goldmine of recipes on the internet.
4. Planning your schedule, managing your tasks, everything becomes easier when you say, “Hey Google, good morning” and get informed on the weather, traffic, reminders. You can also create a shopping list on your Smart Display to save time that would have been spent going to your local store.
5. Staying in touch with your family and making time for them in your busy schedule is a feat indeed, but it becomes relatively easy when you can instantly connect with them by making a simple command to your Assistant to make a call on Google Duo.
6. Your Smart Display’s screen will act as an always-on digital photo album, when not in use. This feature uses Google Photos in a very helpful way. Simply ask your assistant to see whichever photo of your loved ones you want to see and relive your fond memories.
7. When you ask your Assistant to show you a room, it takes you there with the Nest Cam. This feature is indispensable and lets you check on things without even getting up from your couch. Dimming the light, turning up the thermostat – everything made so much hassle-free with a command or screen control.
The Lenovo Smart Display comes in two sizes and colors – the one with an 8-inch HD priced at $199.99 and the 10-inch Full-HD display version for $249.99. Both these models have a full-range 10-watt speaker for a loud and clear sound.