Samsung Electronics will signal its foray into 8K at today’s press conference at the IFA 2018 by revealing the new Samsung Q900R QLED 8K complete with 8K AI Upscaling, it being a part of the company’s long-term vision of leading 8K to the forefront as the most accurate and life-like screen resolution on the market.
The Samsung Q900R QLED 8K TV will be available in four ultra-large screen sizes of 65”, 75”, 82” and 85”. They will comprise Real 8K Resolution, Q HDR 8K and Quantum Processor 8K with enhanced life-like image quality.
we’ve worked tirelessly over the years to move the industry forward when it comes to premium picture quality, and the introduction of our QLED 8K with 8K AI Upscaling is an integral component as we look to the future of displays. We’re thrilled to introduce the Q900R to consumers and are confident that they will experience nothing short of brilliance in color, clarity and sound on our new 8K-capable models. – Jongsuk Chu, Senior Vice President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics
The chic constituent features of Samsung Q900R include:
- Real 8K Resolution with 4,000 nit peak brightness (a standard met by most film studios) which calls for four times more pixels than a 4K UHD TV and 16 times more pixels than a full HD TV.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) 10+ technology that optimizes the TV’s brightness levels and produces pristine colors and images and delivers immaculate picture quality.
- Samsung’s proprietary 8K AI Upscaling technology based on artificial intelligence
- Quantum Processor 8K that recognizes and enhances content, picture, and sound to be compatible with 8K regardless of the original source quality or format
- Direct Full Array Elite for upgraded contrast and precise backlighting control
- 100% Color Volume for incredible color accuracy
- One Remote that can recognize and analyze a number of connected entertainment devices
- The Ambient Mode that showcases beautiful images, weather, news and more on the screen
- One Invisible Connection at the standard 5 meters that embodies optical cable and power in one seamless cord
- SmartThings enhancement that can provide users with greater access to information
- Universal Guide that provides personalized recommendations to easily find live and OTT content on TV
Samsung is set to demonstrate its latest television and audio announcements in its booth at IFA. The new Samsung QLED 8K will be available in stores from the end of September, subject to variation due to region/country.