- Sep 23, 2021
We are witnessing the presence of AI in every stream. From investment guidance to self-driving cars, from healthcare to aviation, AI has expanded its capabilities to do things that were only dreamt of in the past.
The biggest success so far has been in the area of safety technology. AI and predictive analytics has made the lives of people safer and is allowing businesses to carry out their routine activities in a much safer environment than before.
Eliminating pilot error in aviation accidents
Pilot error is the leading cause of aviation accidents. The below data from the Aviation Stack Exchange proves it.
Powerful and intelligent algorithms powered by AI are making flying safer by eliminating the chances of pilot error. We all know that humans and errors go hand in hand. When it comes to aviation then a slight misjudgment in plane control can cost the lives of so many passengers on board.
AI has matured strongly to minimize the chances of human errors and offers the following advantages for the entire aviation industry: Flight delays are predicted accurately. Hence, the flight companies can make proper arrangement to avoid the delays as much as possible. This causes less chaos among the passengers.
1. Self-monitoring programs can detect pilot errors at an early stage and warns the pilots by signaling them about the potential issue and also provides help to fix it.
2. Aircraft AI has full capability to drive autonomously and land securely without the need of any pilot help like in case of relying upon hijack or serious medical issue with the pilot.
3. The ticketing process has become easy and passengers can enjoy a personalized experience to make flying pleasant than before.
4. AI autopilots are able to manage the complex cockpit operations.
5. Aircraft is loaded with thousands of sensors that are capable of identifying any obstacles or engine issues way before it can cause any damage to the airplane.
6. Predictive maintenance and in-flight performance have been enhanced.
Enhanced workplace safety using AI
Leading IT firm, Cisco along with collaboration from Cortexica Vision Systems is in the process of developing an artificial intelligence system in order to prevent safety risks in the workplace.
The project is called AI-SAFE (Autonomous Intelligent System for Assuring Safe working Environments) where video cameras will be installed at the entry points that will check whether the workers have worn all the necessary safety gears. In case they haven’t the system will raise an alarm or restrict access to the identified person.
AI for autonomous and non-autonomous cars
1. Human-in-Loop technology makes use of smart systems that rely on human control and coordination. With the help of the driving simulator, a human can control the remote vehicle with ease.
2. Not only for autonomous cars, but even non-autonomous vehicles will also be loaded with AI to increase safety. Inward facing AI cameras will help to detect accidents before they can occur thereby saving the lives of the driver and the passengers. Moreover, AI-powered cameras can assist in raising an alarm when any pet or children are detected in the car alone. This will help to prevent any heat-related deaths.
3. As per a survey, the average cost of car insurance is $1,426 per year or $118.63 per month. With advanced AI, car collisions can be detected way before they can happen, thereby saving lives and reducing the cost of insurance.
4. Moreover, insurance companies will be able to identify bad drivers and the cost of insurance for such drivers will be more as compared to the good drivers. Research shows that 80% of the accidents are caused by 20% of the drivers. Hence, bad drivers can get caught in the loop easily. This will discourage people from bad driving and encourage them to follow all the safety rules.
5. AI technology can be used to create vision systems like cameras, radar and lidar to turn the vehicle into a mobile probe.
Accurate alerts for healthcare providers
An image is a scenario where you are being alerted for a heart attack that might happen in future so that you can take appropriate steps to stop it from happening. AI has already started to empower systems that are capable of detecting serious diseases at the earliest stages.
Moreover, AI tools can be used to stop the spread of antibiotic resistance. This is possible with the help of predictive analysis where large chunks of data will be studied, infection patterns will be identified and alerts will be issued way before the patient begins to show symptoms.
AI coupled with the power of predictive analysis is surely the future of safety technology. With every passing day, new startups are launched that are leveraging the power of artificial intelligence to ease up the burden of humans and make life safer than before.