You might come across so many people just asking you for some advice on ways to hire people for small yet fast-growing business. Even though you might not be a recruiting machine, but you have done your part of hiring a few talents for your company. While going through this process, you have learned some points for sure.
- Remember that astute but quite poor candidates cab put up on a good show in an interview, but they do not keep up the good work in the real working atmosphere.
- Educational or professional experience will cover only 50% of the candidate’s story and not more than that,
- Even some of the lackluster candidates can help in producing that positive recommendation, which in turn, will help your firm to grow.
So, now the main question is how you can actually cut through the noise. There are some simple techniques available for you to follow, which can help in debunking or reinforcing feelings that you might have towards a candidate. For some help on that and more, you are always invited to log online and get in touch with the toptenreviews.com for the most comprehensive help you can ask for.
You can always request for an audition
Are you planning to hire a sales rep? For that, give them the challenge to sell something rather good for you. If you are planning to hire the software developer, ask them to solve a logic problem. Similarly, while hiring a creative designer, try to let them go through the consultation with you. The main aim over here is to go through their sums and have the candidates put experience right into practice for you to see firsthand.
1. One amazing technique you can follow while hiring sales rep is to get them to deliver 15 minutes of presentation to you and few others from your team. You can provide them with the topic in advance, which will include high-level case study setting up the sets of context.
2. One has to make sure that the topic is rather relevant to business and potential role. You further have to make sure that all content needed to build a case, which can be found online readily.
3. Seeing how well the candidates are able to prepare for the task, and how confident and posed they are during this practice, you can get a clear idea on their potentials. They have to handle themselves well, and even during tight situations.
4. You have to ask them some tough questions from audience’s point of view and see how they can tackle it well. It will help them to show their potential level and how well they can actually ramp up business.
You will constantly be in awe to check candidates, who have otherwise been stellar until this point, and will blow the audition step completely. It will help you save a lot of grief down the road.
Trying to coach them through corporate pitch
Whenever you plan to interview candidates, coaching ability seems to be the most promising attributes to look for. This ability helps in speaking to the ability of the candidate to listen to, which is quite important for a sales representative. Not only that, but it will help them to adapt, and even externalize knowledge rather quickly.
1. There is a simple technique for you to follow to test this attribute now. You can just ask the candidate to imagine they just got out of an interview with you and a friend calls to ask you about your interview. What is going to be the reply? Most of the time, the candidates will stumble through the corporate pitch, while others perform better when compared to the rest.
2. After they are done, you can thank them and said that wasn’t a bad pitch. Then, you start showing off your pitch by delivering a 30-second well-practiced pitch and ask if the narrative makes some sense.
3. After going through the inevitable nodding, smiling and agreement, you can ask the candidates to try all over again.
This step will definitely help you to know if the candidate was actually listening to your pitch or now and how skilled they are to coach and synthesizing some newly acquired knowledge.
Just getting stuck at the airport
One major aspect to think about while hiring a candidate for your firm is the cultural fit. Can you really feel this person to be a perfect fit for your team? The reality is most of you spend time with people you work rather than what you do with your families. It makes the prospect of addressing working relationship with a candidate more like a short-term marriage.
1. It means along with the addition to the candidate being able to deliver professional goods, you have to generally like the person to be around.
2. Can you actually see this person working with you? What do other team members think about that? Make sure to get these answers straight to know if the person in culturally fit for your firm or not.
3. Apart from having various team members meet candidates, a great litmus test is asking a question to yourself. How will you feel if you are stuck with this person in a traffic jam for 10 minutes? If the answer is friendly enough, then start by addressing this person.
If you and most of the interviewers are rather cool with these prospects, you might end up having a great cultural fit in the end.
Not quite forceful to be honest
After spending some time with the candidate and after having your colleagues do the same, it is time to group and discuss separate thoughts. This is when the interview process typically will start and come to some breakdown points. It is when the hiring manager finds it hard to make a decision. But, nothing is forceful. Go through the stages on your own first before making the decision.
Following these steps will help you big time in addressing your needs of new talents in the market. There are so many of them waiting to get interviewed.