OnePlus 6 and 6T smartphones at the end of the year seed latest beta updates of OxygenOS, bringing a collection of enhancements and focus on optimization for Android. OnePlus closes the last week of 2018 by releasing build 10 of OxygenOS Open Beta for OnePlus 6, while 6T gets platform update 2.
Both phones are linked by the same list of software update changes. Among the new features that are improved are related to screen brightness control, bug fixes, increased system stability and various changes in the operating system that powers mobile phones, including gallery, phone application, and launcher.
The size of each update to both devices is also similar – OnePlus 6 receives the 120MB update while its successor, OnePlus 6T receives the 121MB update size package to install. The official changelog of the update is:
- Improvements for screen brightness control
- Confirm pin without tapping √ for app locker
- Improved color adaptation for navigation bar when using third-party apps
- General bug fixes and system stability improvements
- Added the caller identification feature (For India only)
- Improved UI for Call History
- Added create a collection, copy and move photos features
- New illustrations and design on blank pages
- General Bug fixes and overall experience improvements
- Added recommended tools in Toolbox
- Improved UI for category tags in the app drawer
OnePlus 6 and 6T have gained popularity among users but some features and bugs caused pain to the users. If you want to gain the experience of the new software version you can join the Oxygen OS Open Beta with the below mentioned steps.
- First, download the Open beta build from your OnePlus 6T phone by visiting the link here.
- You can now find the file and move it to the root directory.
- Go to Settings > System Updates > Local upgrade > Install Now and then apply a local system update.
- Once all the processes are done reboot your smartphone to apply the update.
The new versions of OxygenOS Open Beta are available via Over-the-air (OTA) for all compatible phones that already have a previous beta. The download can also be done through the official OnePlus forum by clicking on this link.