The Chinese electronics company Xiaomi has launched the Xiaomi Mi 9 as the successor to the Mi 8, along with the Mi 9 Explorer Edition, as part of its 2019 flagship smartphones at an ongoing event held in Beijing, China. This announcement happened just a few hours before the Samsung Galaxy S10 event.
Xiaomi has released details of the features of the Mi 9:
- 39-inch AMOLED display with Full HD+ resolution
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- screen to body ratio of 90.7%
- curved glass back body in the gradient finish
- waterdrop notch on the front
Elegant Themes - The most popular WordPress theme in the world and the ultimate WordPress Page Builder. Get a 30-day money-back guarantee. Get it for Free
1. triple camera set up at the rear: 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with an f/1.75 aperture; 12MP Samsung S5K3M5 sensor with f/2.2 aperture for 2x optical zoom; and 16MP Sony IMX481 sensor with an f/2.2 aperture for a 117-degree super wide-angle view
2. 20MP front-facing camera, usable for AI face unlock, auto scene detection, AI face beauty and AI portrait mode
- 4G VoLTE
- dual-frequency GPS
- IR Blaster
- USB type-C port
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform (7nm) measured at 84GHz
- Kryo 485 CPU, Adreno 640 GPU, and Hexagon 690 DSP
- 5th gen In-display fingerprint scanner
- Game Turbo technology
- LPDDR4x RAM
- 1 flash storage
- 173 g weight
1. The Xiaomi Mi 9 comprises a full-surface flawless body and a slim design, complete with holographic surfacing, nano-hologram pattern, and double-layer nano-plating. The rear camera ring, known as the “Angel Eye,” is protected by a sapphire lens protection, with the lens center having been designed symmetrically.
With an emphasis on the upgrade of the Xiaomi phone brand for “innovation and ultimate experience,” as stated by CEO Lei Jun, the Mi 9 will be available in the variant shades of a holographic illusion blue, a holographic illusion purple, and a deep gray.