The software development cost is quite difficult to estimate. There are a lot of factors that are able to affect the price. However, it’s possible to count an approximate cost that is based on web development expertise.
Table of Contents
The Price of Developing a Website by Their Types
There are dozens of different websites: from simple personal blogs to complex enterprise solutions. So, the more complex your website is, the more time requires its development. Of course, time affects the final price. There are three types of websites that the clients develop most frequently. So, let’s try to count their approximate price.
Business Website Cost
Usually, this type of websites intends to promote the brand and provide information. From the experience, we know that businessmen expect to see at least these pages:
- About company
- Blog/Press page
Elegant Themes - The most popular WordPress theme in the world and the ultimate WordPress Page Builder. Get a 30-day money-back guarantee. Get it for Free
Every project is unique, that’s why such features as membership, downloadable content, and subscription for newsletters are also popular. The final cost is often based on the mentioned pages but also depends on their filling.
Angular and Node.js are usually utilized for making business websites. These technologies allow delivering a ready-made product quicker. Because the price depends on the time, let’s try to sum up this section.
So, building a business website requires 190 hours to 260 hours. As a result, price varies from $9,500 to $13,000. (The prices we provide are based on $50/h rate.)
E-commerce Website Cost
More and more online shops have to go online. So, nowadays e-commerce websites become extremely popular. This field is quite complex and requires reasonable investments into every website aspect (design, development, marketing, etc). Of course, all these factors affect the price.
Considering the technology stack, it can be completely different depending on the complexity and objectives of your project. So, the final price can vary from $17,500 to $37,500 because the required time is from 350 hours to 750 hours.
Landing Page Cost
Landing page means a single-page website or a separate page on the existing multi-page website. This page can be used in different ways: from purchasing something to downloading a file.
The cost of developing this type of page is much less in comparison to the full-fledged solutions we discussed beforehand.
Developers prefer using Bootstrap and pure HTML while creating a landing page. The time depends on the animation complexity and can vary from 20 hours to 50 hours. So, the price can be from $1,000 to $2,500.
The Price of Creating a Website by Stages
In order to understand better the time required to build a website, it’s necessary to find out what processes take place during the development and what web application development services are important.
1. UI/UX Design: The design is a very important factor for your product’s success because people are visual creatures. There are several design stages that can influence the price. They are researching, wireframing, designing UI and UX. So, according to the complexity of your website, its development can take from 15 to 80 hours, so the price is from $750 to $4,000.
2. Front-end development: This part starts as soon as the design is ready. There are two main factors that are able to influence the website building cost: website responsiveness/adaptiveness and complexity of animation. The required time varies from 20 to 250 hours and the price takes from $1,000 to $12,500.
3. Back-end development: This stage is the heart of your website. Back-end starts working when the users click any button and get satisfying results.
There are factors that affect the back-end development time and, of course, price. To name them: integration with third-party services, non-standard data processing tasks (e.g. working with audio), complex queries and so on.
So, the approximate time for back-end development is from 80 to 250 hours. As a result, the cost is able to vary from $4,000 to $12,500.
4. Content Management Systems or CMS Development: CMS is a software that gives website owners an opportunity to create, manage, and edit content. There are a lot f CMS engines like Shopify, WordPress, etc. Of course, they are able to reduce cost. On the other hand, as any out-of-the-box solutions, they can be limited in their functionality. The rough expenses on CMS development are from $3,000 to $9,000 and depend on the time (from 60 hours to 180 hours).
Additional Website Creation Costs
1. Domain Name: It is a unique address that users can see in your browser’s address bar. You must register it on specialized services and pay from $5 to $15 annually.
2. Hosting: It is a service that keeps your website accessible on the Internet 27/7/365. You also need to pay for it from $75 to $200 yearly.
3. Maintenance: Every website should be maintained. So, the users don’t face any problems and bugs. The average price varies from $500 to $12,000 in a year.
As you can see, there are a lot of factors that should be considered while counting the final price of website development.