OPPO launched its pocket-friendly OPPO A5 model in April this year. Originally the 2GB RAM and 3GB RAM variants are currently sold at Rs. 8,990 and Rs. 9,990, respectively. But now 4GB RAM + 64GB storage variant is said to be available in India.
The 4GB RAM + 64GB model is priced at Rs. 12,990, which is Rs 3,000 more than the 2GB RAM and 32GB storage variant and is available in Green and Gold in retail stores across the country. Lucrative launch offers for the interested buyers have the facility of a cashback of up to Rs. 7,050 with additional data benefits for the Jio subscribers. Furthermore, Yes Bank customers are also entitled to a 10 percent discount.
OPPO A5s specifications
1. Display – A 6.2-inch HD+ In-Cell display (720×1520 px, 271 PPI) with a waterdrop notch up top that supports the selfie camera.
2. Performance and storage system – The handset operates on a slightly dated Android 8.1 Oreo-based on ColorOS 5.2.1 out of the box. The OPPO A5 model has the MediaTek Helio P35 SoC paired with up to 4GB of RAM and 64GB internal storage, which can be extended up to 256GB by adding a microSD card.
3. Camera – The phone boasts of a high-end camera of 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel cameras on the rear, an LED Flash and an 8-megapixel snapper on the front for selfie and video calling.
4. Battery, sensor and Net connectivity – The OPPO A5 model has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and a beefy 4,230mAh, non-removable battery lining it. For net connectivity options, it has a 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS/ A-GPS, and Micro-USB port.
5. Dimensions – The variant measures 155.9×75.4×8.2mm and weighs 170 grams.
OPPO, the Chinese consumer-based electronics firm based in Guangdong, China, has made its mark in the Indian market. It is especially known for its camera that is in sync with the pulse of the youth, not only in India but around the world. The newest 4GB RAM + 64 GB variant of the OPPO A5 model, it ups the curve of expanding the OPPO consumer base in India.