Hey you busy bees out there, heads-up!
You can schedule XL and Lux rides up to a week in advance. Especially when there’s an early-morning flight to catch or a business meeting across town, scheduled rides in advance are the way to go.
Advantages of an advanced schedule ride
The uptakes of advance scheduled rides bring in many advantages:
1. To begin with, advance rides mean more sleeping time in the night before for you.
2. You can breathe a sigh of relief, knowing that the ride will be waiting for you on time.
3. XL and Lux rides can now be booked for those times when you need more space or want to switch over to a more luxurious ride.
4. Moreover, after booking your ride in advance, the price and availability will get locked. Advance booking for on-demand rides with XL and Lux ensure a cheaper fare, so these rides are budget-friendly. This can come in handy especially Lyft Prime Time when prices can be hiked up with traffic and weather conditions. But with advance scheduled rides, there’s no worrying for such contingencies.
Scheduling an advance ride
The Lyft app makes scheduling an advanced ride as easy as it can get:
- Tap on “Schedule.”
- Select your pickup and drop-off location, choose the time and date.
- And you’re good to go from there. On the scheduled day of the ride, you’ll get a reminder when your driver’s close.
On the day of the ride, your driver will wait for you if he reaches the pick-up location before the scheduled time. In case you want a few more minutes to get to the cab, contact the driver through the app courteously to let him know of your request.
Please note, however, that scheduled rides are not available in all regions and also may not be accessible for all ride types in a particular region. For more details, look up the Lyft terms of service.
On the whole, with the advance scheduled rides with XL and Lux, on-demand rides just got a lot more convenient. And here’s to say a happy ride to the busy bees!