- Jul 24, 2021
Qualcomm has made the announcement of unveiling Snapdragon 855 Plus, a mid-cycle refresh version to its flagship Snapdragon 855 SoC. As per floating news, the new Snapdragon 855 Plus will provide better graphics performance and a better edge in core computing quality.
However, the point of difference between the Snapdragon 855 Plus and the Snapdragon 855 is at the level of hardware.
ADVANCED FEATURES OF SNAPDRAGON 855 PLUS
- The new chipset boasts of a higher speed.
- Additionally, its GPU has got a 15 percent performance boost as well.
- The first phone that supports the Snapdragon 855 Plus platform is the Asus ROG Phone 2. Excitingly enough, we can expect it to go official later this month.
- As per Qualcomm, the brand new Snapdragon 855 Plus has been designed to offer improved gaming performance. Furthermore, the Snapdragon fans can expect the flagship to bring in enhanced, immersive experiences when it comes to 5G, AI processing, AR, and VR.
- The Kryo 485 cores of the Snapdragon 855 Plus operate at a higher 2.96GHz. On the other hand, the same cores inside the Snapdragon 855 function at 2.84GHz.
- The CPU performance upgrade is around 4.2 percent. The updated graphics department is the highlight. As per Qualcomm, the Adreno 640 GPU promises a 15 percent advancement in graphics performance than the standard Snapdragon 855.
- More inbuilt features like the Qualcomm Aqstic, Qualcomm aptX, AI engine, and QC 4.0+ are takeaways from the Snapdragon 855. Thereby, this ensures that the good features of the standard flagship are present in the new version too.
- Not only this, the new Qualcomm SoC contains Snapdragon X24 LTE modem for 4G connectivity and the Snapdragon X50 modem for 5G support.
As per reports, the phones powered by Snapdragon 855 Plus will arrive in the second half of 2019.
Qualcomm will take the power-packed gaming experience delivered by the Snapdragon 855 Plus further from Snapdragon Elite Gaming Experience. On a win-win note, the new phone will dish out optimized gaming experience on phones equipped with it.
OTHER EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENTS
At the outset, Asus has announced that the company’s upcoming gaming phone in the ROG series will be compatible to the Snapdragon 855 Plus. Known as the ROG Phone 2, if all goes to plan, it will be the world’s first phone to sport the advanced version of Qualcomm’s flagship SoC. It is slated for its official launch on July 23 in China with an uber-cool 20Hz display. Reportedly, The ROG Phone II will be available in two variants and will probably have the starting cost of CNY 4,399 (roughly Rs. 44,400) in China.