Xiaomi had an event focused especially on 5G today, and the first device it has shown has been the Mi 9 Pro 5G. This new device focuses especially on the new connectivity, allowing to reach really fast speeds thanks to its seven antennas.
This new model arrives with all-out performance, as it is led by a Snapdragon 855+, the device is committed to including a list of specifications at the highest level. The clearest example is the configuration of 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage, a version that will obviously be priced higher than normal, but that will give freedom when storing and executing content.
Taking into account its performance, the equipment comes with a liquid cooling system that focuses its potential on the CPU, reducing the temperature by 10.2 degrees to ensure the best possible performance. To make matters worse, its internal 4,000 mAh battery includes a 40W charging system that allows you to recharge the battery 100% in just 48 minutes. The best thing is that the charger provided in the box is 45W, which means that it will charge our phone at 40W, but it will also be able to charge a Macbook or a Mi Notebook.
In addition, Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G includes a 30W wireless fast charging system that will allow you to fully recharge your phone without wires (with the new 30W charging base) in 69 minutes (25 minutes for 50%). Taking advantage of wireless capabilities, the Mi 9 Pro attacks the iPhone 11 where it hurts most, as it also offers reversible 10W wireless charging to quickly charge other devices.
These are some of the most outstanding features:
- 6.39 inch Super AMOLED FHD + screen
- Snapdragon 855+ processor at 2.88 GHz
- 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage (also in 1 TB version)
- Cameras of 48 megapixels f / 1.75, 16 megapixels f / 2.2 (wide angle) and 12 megapixels (telephoto)
- 20-megapixel front camera
- 4,000 mAh battery with 40W fast charging (30W wireless) and reversible wireless charging
- The haptic vibration system is similar to Apple’s 3D Touch.
- 7 antennas for maximum 5G coverage
- MIUI 11
Like the Mi 9, the new Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G model includes a trio of 48, 16 and 12-megapixel cameras supported by artificial intelligence and a laser sensor for focusing. The first one is the main sensor based on the Sony IMX586, with 48 megapixels of resolution and an aperture of f / 1.75 that will allow you to get light in complicated situations. The second is a 16-megapixel Sony IMX481 sensor that will offer a 117-degree wide-angle lens, also capable of taking macro photos with a minimum focusing distance of 4 centimeters. Finally, the 12-megapixel zoom lens will handle portrait mode with its 2x zoom (51mm focal length) and an f / 2.2 aperture.
Prices of the Mi 9 Pro 5G
The official prices for china of the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G are the following:
- Mi 9 Pro 8GB / 128GB 3,699 Chinese yuan (about 475 euros )
- Mi 9 Pro 8GB / 256GB 3,799 Chinese yuan (about 485 euros )
- Mi 9 Pro 12GB / 256GB 4,099 Chinese yuan (about 525 euros )
- Mi 9 Pro 12GB / 512GB 4,299 Chinese yuan (about 550 euros )