Drones are continuously expanding their markets as they are becoming more popular among people, especially youngsters over time. DJI’s drones always have surprised us with its smaller sizes and lightweight. Its latest addition to drones line up includes the DJI Mavic Mini drones, the smallest and lightest foldable drones the company has ever produced.
Have you ever wished to own similar kinds of drones that you see in spy and action movies? Most of the millennials use drones nowadays for making videos and experimenting stuff. They are also used in filming and military sites. Small and lightweight drones come handy as they could not be spotted easily.
DJI Mavic foldable mini-drones fall on the smallest and the lightest category. Each of the drones weighs only 249 grams. The DJI foldable Mavic Mini drone has roughly the size of three smartphones stacked on top of each other.
Therefore the DJI Mavic Mini users don’t have to register with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as the drone regulations only apply to the drones and spacecraft weighing 250 grams ad up.
Mavic Mini features:
Elegant Themes - The most popular WordPress theme in the world and the ultimate WordPress Page Builder. Get a 30-day money-back guarantee. Get it for Free
Mavic Mini comes with lots of specs and features wrapped in a small foldable body and can literally do anything that the bigger drones can do. Some of the features are mentioned below:
- It has a flight time of 30 minutes and has a flying range of 2.5 miles.
- It has the ability to record 2.7K videos that are about 40 percent higher resolution than full HD. It also includes a 12 MP camera and claims to be offering decent stability thanks to its tiny three-axis gimbal.
- DJI Mavic Mini comes with a Wi-Fi transmission signal that delivers stable control and an HD live feed for a clear, confident flying experience.
- Its GPS receivers and downward visual sensors detect the ground below the drone, enabling precise hovering, stable flying and accurate landing both indoors and out.
- Most importantly, they come with the DJI Fly app to help users set different modes while flying their drones. For basic operation, you can choose Position (P) mode. New users can choose Sport (S) mode and for filming, you can choose CineSmooth (C) mode to lengthen braking time for smoother shots and more cinematic footage.
- The drone also includes different preset flight options, e. g.,
- Rocket – In this option, Mavic Mini flies straight up into the air with the camera pointing downward following your subject.
- Circle – While in this option, the drone will circle around any subject at a constant altitude and distance.
- Drone – Mavic Mini flies backward and upward, with the camera tracking the focused subject.
- Helix – Mavic Mini flies upward and away, spiraling around the subject.
Additionally, the DJI Fly app will be helpful as it is full of tutorials as well as a flight simulator. The company is also planning to include an extra safety feature to their app in the future, including an alert system that lets you know if you might be in a collision course with a plane.
However, it doesn’t have any obstacle avoidance technology. This means it cannot identify any obstacle and avoid it automatically. Therefore, it will be difficult for beginners to fly the Mavic Mini without a wide and open space. It doesn’t even include the “follow me” or automatic tracking mode and the “Quick shot” mode for the time being.
Pre-orders for DJI Mavic Mini have already begun and the drone is priced at $399. If you pre-order the drone you will get one battery, extra propellers, and necessary tools and wires along with it. The $500 package will get you the Fly More Combo which includes everything in the basic package as well as 360-degree propeller cages, a two-way charging hub, three total batteries, even more, extra propellers, and a carrying case.
However, the shipping will be delayed a little bit and will start from November 11 only. This Mavic Mini package seems quite promising and we think that it will be a great hit for this festive year-end season.