- Jul 30, 2021
Call of Duty: Mobile was launched on October 1st and since then it has created history. Call of Duty is an extremely popular game and the fact that the developers finally made the game available on mobile phones took its popularity on a different level altogether. In just 3 days since its official launch, the download mark hit 20 million which is a great feat in itself.
However, the game developers, Tencent Games have received some backlash as they had failed to keep one of their promises. Before the launch, it was confirmed that Call of Duty Mobile also known as COD Mobile game will come with controller support.
After its launch, both its publisher Activision and developer Tencent Games took a 180-degree turn and removed the support for the controller. On 26th November 2019, Call of Duty Season 1 began and it brought with it the Call of Duty Mobile support for Xbox, PS4 controllers on Android and iOS.
How to connect the controller with COD Mobile:
1. Enable Bluetooth pairing on your controller. This is done by holding the Share and PS button at the same time on a PS4 controller, or the Xbox and sync button on an Xbox One controller.
2. Enable Bluetooth on your mobile device (usually done through settings).
3. Within Bluetooth settings, locate the “wireless controller” and connect to that device.
4. Open Call of Duty: Mobile and enable “Allow to use controller” in the Controller settings menu. (Note: You may see the above screenshot while your controller is connecting, or if your controller isn’t paired.)
5. Set and modify your controls for each game type.
Playing this game, or any game for that matter, with a controller, comes with manifold benefits. Especially for mobile games, the controls will be a lot easier to operate through a controller than its on-screen counterparts.