Are you a makeup shopaholic? Then this news is for you. We all have come across indecisiveness during choosing the right makeup/cosmetics online. Part of this reason lies in the fact that we cannot see for ourselves how that makeup will look on us. Well, Pinterest is here to rescue us from that clueless state of makeup. Pinterest has introduced a ‘Try On’ AR feature in the Mobile App which is powered by Lens. It is a new Pinterest feature that allows Pinners to virtually try their makeup through augmented reality or AR in the app.
AR is not the typical mobile camera feature which adds various effects on the skin to false beautify your face. It rather celebrates the real skin and allows you to choose the best shades of your make up like real.
Once you tap on the Pinterest AR Try On makeup feature, you will easily find the various shades. The options that you get after tapping on it are:
1. You will get a variety of skin tones to choose from so that you can match it with your own skin tone.
2. You can select any shade of lipstick and try on your own skin tone to see for yourself
3. One can explore more shades of lipstick with the same skin tone with “more like this” option
4. You will often get this Try-On option with some selected products with term attached like ‘matte lipstick’ or ‘red lipstick’
5. If you have a feeling of not buying at the moment, you can always snap your pic and save it to buy later
6. You may come across some shades that others are wearing in a Pin. Well, you can tap on “see similar looks” to try for yourself.
Pinterest is master-class social media in the business of finding and shopping for products. People choose it thrice more than other apps in the US. This App is available in android and iOS in the US now with many more AR categories yet to arrive.
“Try on” feature allows you to try while you swipe up to shop. The brands whose products that you can buy using this feature are Estée Lauder, Sephora, bareMinerals, Neutrogena, and L’Oreal brands NYX Professional Makeup, YSL Beauté, Lancôme, and Urban Decay.
So now you are all set to avoid all the hustle to buy a product from a retailer or unreliability of choice. So go ahead and make Pinterest your new BFF!