- Jul 27, 2021
PlayStation released the latest updated version 8.24 of the Final Fantasy XIV for both PS4 and PC.
The new patch of the updated version has been renamed to Echoes of the Fallen Star, and the update has added new contents and quests.
The new patch brings the Qatari beast tribe quests, ocean fishing, and other improvements along with some additions.
The following issues of the previous patch have been addressed and fixed by v8.24:
1. An issue in the main scenario quest “Return of the Bull” in which the duty could not be completed.
2. An issue during the battle with the demon wall in Amdapor Keep where the gamers would be transferred back to the entry of the room.
3. An issue in the Bowl of Embers (Hard) wherein Hellfire could be prevented by stunning Ifrit.
4. An issue in Borderland Ruins (Secure) where the map icons for interceptor drones and interceptor nodes were indistinguishable from each other.
5. An issue in Onsal Hakair (Danshig Naadam) wherein, upon returning to the player’s starting point, symbols for unactivated ovoos were displayed as complete.
6. An issue in Trust dungeons where the use of the ninja action Trick Attack right after the Ryne uses Trick Attack made the buff timer to stop for several seconds.
7. An issue with the facial expression of the characters while performing certain dragoon actions.
8. An issue where the help text for certain actions was incorrect.
9. An issue where changing to another job immediately after defeating an enemy would grant experience points to the job to which the player changed, rather than the one used to defeat the enemy.
10. An issue in which the maximum starting quality of certain weaver recipes was incorrectly shown as 50% instead of the correct 70%.
11. An issue regarding the appearance of the Storm Storage Bench under the wrong category.
12. An issue wherein using the “Copy-Item Name” subcommand from the chat log and pasting it into the chat text entry field would cause the game to freeze.
13. An issue that prevented the game to run in DirectX 11 mode in certain combinations of gamepads and drivers.