- Jul 29, 2021
The world has turned to the cloud!
Businesses, companies, organizations, large and small alike are drawing immense value from hosting their infrastructure, systems, and applications in the cloud. This is because the cloud platform has a robust capacity to host multiple servers, handle heavy traffic, and accommodate spiked loads without heavy investment. Over other platforms, hosting servers on the cloud is cost-effective and the flexibility of accessing data and operations from anywhere is by far the most important benefit pegged to the cloud and one that directly affects business performance.
Kinsta WordPress Hosting for Businesses
Kinsta provides WordPress hosting for a small or large business that helps take care of all your needs regarding your website with support.Try a Free Demo
By the numbers, 94% of enterprises are already using the cloud and by 2020, 83% of their workloads will have been migrated to the cloud. As such, there is a huge demand for cloud computing professionals.
This article basically focuses on the top question and answers that you need to prepare for achieving the AWS solutions architect certification.
Why AWS Certification?
The cloud market is not level for all providers. The biggest player, Amazon Web Services heads the pack with 33% of the market share. This makes it a key player in setting standards in the industry and its certifications a gem for both professionals and recruiters.
AWS active users have already surpassed the 1,000,000 marks and this includes big names like Netflix, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. A 43% annual revenue growth for AWS is a clear indication of more users preferring AWS. Besides these, the AWS certified professionals are on high demand because
- AWS has spread its wings across 16 geographic regions in the world making it readily accessible as a service for new enterprises and those that are exploring new markets. These same enterprises will soon be seeking certified professionals to grow their businesses in these areas.
- AWS has been preferred by many because of the wide range of services it offers including storage, networking, analytics, developer and management tools, and database among other solutions. This is why it is preferred and the reason why it has maintained its position as lead cloud service provider. Its certifications are equally on demand.
- An AWS certification is a demonstration that an individual possesses the necessary cloud computing skills that an organization requires to implement and operate AWS systems.
- An AWS certification sets one up for an attractive package. The average salary for an AWS-certified expert stood at $129,868 according to GlobalKnowledge 2019 IT Skills and Salary Report.
- Finally, compared to other certifications, AWS certifications are easier to achieve. Thanks to the widely available and easily accessible resources.
AWS Solutions Architect Certification
AWS certifications were introduced to the world back in 2013. Among them is the top-rated Solutions Architect Certification, the best of the three AWS certifications that fall in the top ten highest-paying certificates category in North America. AWS currently attracts an average salary of $148,000.
What is AWS Solutions Architect Certification?
An AWS Solution Architect Certification proves that an individual is familiar with the AWS ecosystem and can design, deploy, and operate systems on the AWS platform.
Top questions and answers for AWS solutions Architect exam
1. How many exams are there for the AWS Solutions Architect certification?
The AWS Solutions Architect Certifications are at two levels.
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification – which is a prerequisite to achieving the professional-level certification.
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification
2. What are the requirements of taking the AWS Solutions Architect Exams?
Aside from having a recommended two years experience operating and deploying AWS scalable systems, you need to have gone through 36 instructor-led and 20-self paced learning hours of learning about AWS systems, architecture, and other applications work.
3. Where is the AWS Solutions Architect examination taken?
Register to take the AWS exams either through Pearson VUE or PSI websites where you will select your preferred testing center and schedule your exams.
4. What format does the AWS Solutions Architect examination take?
The AWS Solutions Architect examination is available in multiple-choice questions and multiple choice answers format.
5. How long does the examination take?
The AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam takes 130 minutes.
The AWS Solutions Architect Professional exam takes 180 minutes.
Once this time elapses, the system calculates and displays your score on the screen and informs you whether you have passed or failed the exams. Within 72 hours, your eCertificate, logo, and your digital badge will be available in your AWS account if you passed the exam. After this, you will get a detailed report of your results in your account within 5 days of completing the exams.
6. What does it take to pass this exam?
To pass this exam, you need to have demonstrated an ability to develop, deploy, operate AWS systems and be familiar with the AWS ecosystem and various AWS technologies.
7. How much does the AWS Solutions Architect exam cost?
The AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam costs $150
The AWS Solutions Architect Professional exam costs $300
8. What is the passing score for the AWS Solutions Architect exam?
There is no set passing score for the AWS Solutions Architect exams both at the Associate and Professional levels. This is because AWS uses statistical analysis to determine whether you have passed or not.
9. What happens if you fail the examination?
You can retake the exams 14 days after taking the previous exams. There is no limit to the number of times one can retake the exams before passing. However, every retake requires that you pay full examination fees.
10. How long is the AWS Architect Solution certification valid?
AWS certifications are valid through two years after which recertification is required as proof that one is up to date with the trends, new policies, and other changes in the AWS system.
Is launching a career as an AWS Solutions Architect worth it?
AWS, as the leading cloud services provider, also represents the future of cloud technology. There is no better time to consider pursuing an AWS certification than now. Among the most coveted certifications in the AWS Solutions Architect Certification.
The AWS Solution Architect exam is not just about studying and passing exams. Preparation means doing a lot of practice since the job market needs hands-on professionals who can design, deploy, and initiate working systems on the AWS cloud platform.
There are plenty of practice tests and simulations online. However, a credible training provider that offers these and much more can come in handy. It helps to choose a provider that offers real-life projects in their training package as this prepares you not only to pass the exam but also equips you for the real world.