- Jul 27, 2021
Microsoft Remote Desktop app for iOS received its latest update today. The latest version of the app 10.0.5 introduces interesting new features for the users. The software giant in a regular interval rolls out updates to release the new feature that users are looking for. The new Microsoft Remote Desktop app update for iOS is no exception. Here you will find full release notes for the update:
With regards to RDP files now there is an option to automatically import the launched RDP files. RDP files still residing on iCloud and which haven’t been downloaded into the local Files app can be launched now.
Improving the visibility of the remote session can now extend beneath the home indicator button on iPhones. The home indicator will automatically hide when connected to the remote session. It will reappear if the screen is touched.
Keyboard updates and camera
The update also facilitates typing composite character e.g e’ using multiple keystrokes. One can now use the iPad on-screen floating keyboard. Moving on tweaks has been introduced for adjusting the properties of cameras operated from a remote session.
A single swipe-up launches the app switching mode except when the remote session is being accessed. The following keyboard shortcuts have been added to the connection center: COMMAND+ to get to app settings. COMMAND + R to refresh all workspaces.
The user can escape from the remote session now the user can use COMMAND +. Data entry has been made easier with the introduction of auto-keyboard focus throughout the Connection Centre. And to exit the credential prompt the user can now just hit ENTER which will take him to the current flow.
Full release not and fixes
Apart from the above updates, these are the various fixes which have been made in the update:
- Automatic import of launched RDP files (look for the toggle in General settings).
- iCloud-based RDP files that have not yet been downloaded in the Files app can now be launched.
- The remote session can now extend underneath the Home indicator on iPhones (look for the toggle in Display settings).
- Added support for typing composite characters (such as é) with multiple keystrokes.
- Added support for the iPad on-screen floating keyboard.
- Added support for adjusting properties of redirected cameras from a remote session.
- Fixed a bug in the gesture recogniser that was causing the client to become unresponsive when connected to a remote session.
- You can now enter app switching mode with a single swipe up (except when you are in touch mode with the session extended into the Home indicator area).
- The Home indicator will now automatically hide when connected to a remote session (and reappear if the screen is tapped).
- Added a keyboard shortcut to get to app settings in the Connection Centre (COMMAND+ ,).
- Added a keyboard shortcut to refresh all workspaces in the Connection Centre (COMMAND + R).
- Hooked up the system keyboard shortcut for Escape when connected to a remote session (COMMAND + .).
- Fixed scenarios where the Windows on-screen keyboard in the remote session was too small.
- Implemented auto-keyboard focus throughout the Connection Centre to make data entry more seamless.
- Hitting ENTER at a credential prompt will now result in the prompt being dismissed and the current flow resuming.
- Fixed a scenario where the client would crash when pressing SHIFT + OPTION + (LEFT, UP or DOWN) ARROW.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when removing a SwiftPoint device.
- Fixed crashes that were showing up in error reporting.
The latest version of the Microsoft Remote Desktop app is available on the App store.