Are you looking for a different type of Android App Store? A store that offers unofficial apps and games for free? ACMarket is the store you want, and you don’t even need to root your device to use it.
All you need is your device, a strong internet connection, and the ACMarket APK file:
- Download ACMarket APK onto your device
- Launch your Settings app and go into Security
- Enable Unknown Sources and close Settings
- Go to Downloads and tap the APK file
- When you see the ACMarket icon on your home page, the installation is done
Using ACMarket is pretty easy:
- Open the app store from your homepage
- Tap on Apps and choose a category
- Find an app or game and tap on it
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install it and enjoy
ACMarket gives users plenty of apps and games to choose from, in these categories:
- Android Apps – official Android apps and games from the Play Store, all Free
- ACMarket Apps – unofficial apps and games that can’t be found anywhere else
- Tweaked Apps – modified stock apps with extra features
- Modified Games – top games, unlocked and with extra features
Frequently Asked Questions
Here you can find the answers to the commonly asked questions:
1. What platforms does ACMarket work on?
ACMarket is an Android app installer and, right now, it only works on Android devices. That said, it can be installed on your PC or Mac if you install an Android emulator first.
2. Do I need to root my device?
No, you don’t have to, but some apps and games do work better if your device is rooted. Plus, Google Play can block apps and games used over the internet on unrooted devices.
3. Is my warranty safe?
Yes, it is completely safe to use; it doesn’t need any special permission to work, and, as such, it is safe. If you choose to root your device or use tweaks that change how your device works, then you may find your warranty is affected, though – you can remove those tweaks and reinstall them later if your device has to go in for repair.
ACMarket errors and solutions
While ACMarket is stable and is one of the most reliable app installers available, some users are reporting that it has stopped working. There are several reasons why this might happen, and several solutions – start at the top and go through until one works for you:
Method 1: Reset app preferences:
This seems to work for the vast majority of users:
- Open Settings and go to Apps (App Manager, depending on your Android version)
- Tap All Apps and then tap Reset App Preferences
- Tap Reset Now and close Settings
- Try ACMarket – if it still doesn’t work, move onto Method 2:
Method 2: Clear package installer cache and data
This is easy enough to do:
- Open Settings and then open Apps (App Manager – depends on your Android firmware version)
- Tap System Apps and go to Package Installer
- Tap Clear Cache and Clear Data (found in Storage on Android 6 Marshmallow)
- Close Settings and try again – if it still isn’t working, try the next option
Method 3: Enable unknown sources
This should be done before you attempt to install any unofficial apps and games. If you didn’t do it at the start, ACMarket would not work:
- Launch Settings and head into Security
- Tap on the slider beside Unknown Sources to enable it
- Close Settings, ACMarket should work
- If not, you must delete the installer and start over – make sure Unknown Sources is enabled before you try again
One of those methods should get ACMarket working again for you.
Do try ACMarket; it is an excellent alternative App Store, offering tons of apps, games, and other content, all for free. There are loads of modified versions of some of the best stock apps and loads of unlocked games, aside from other cool content.
Don’t forget to let the developers know what you think of the ACMarket app store and share this with others so they can take advantage of the cool benefits on offer too.