Top 2020 smartphone options for college students
When it comes to smartphones, college students have different priorities: some like playing games and spending hours in social networks while some use great educational apps and services to improve their academic performance. For example, scamfighter.net (a resource observing writing services like speedypaper) is 80% contacted via mobile phone users.
As a smartphone becomes an essential learning tool, having a good one is rather a necessity than an expensive toy. The design and construction of the smartphone are crucial as the most part of your day you keep it in your hands.
Top smartphones you should consider to purchase
Smartphones are not cheap, especially those that are worth your attention. Every company provides different pricing and opportunities for purchase, so we narrowed down our list to top affordable smartphones for students based on such criteria:
- plans and monthly charges,
- unlimited talks and data (the average college student uses around 5GB a month),
- screen size (for convenient typing),
- discounts for students,
- hardware quality (high-resolution camera, battery life not to be charged every hour, memory storage, processor power);
- coverage options (traveling and studying abroad);
- the overall pricing.
So, among the most decent pocket-friendly options are:
- Samsung Galaxy S9. This model is quick and convenient for those who prefer to do homework using a smartphone. It is water-resistant, provides extra storage, and can be charged wirelessly. For students, Samsung offers the option of facial recognition and improved speakers for a reasonable price. However, battery life is average;
- iPhone 6s. Although the majority of Apple products are way too expensive, good models can also be found. iPhones are especially popular among students as they are trendy, advanced, and easy to use with the hardware of good quality. It is a bit outdated (if that matters to you), but is still an excellent variant for those who value the overall usability;
- iPhone X. Even if the price is high, it is totally worth it. The model has a large display, face ID, long battery life, water-resistance, wireless charging, and a high level of security. Due to constant iPhone crashes, this one provides a warranty that can be used in any service near your campus;
- OnePlus6. This phone has a huge storage space, good design, and overall characteristics. It can be suitable for everyday use in college, but the camera needs improvements;
- Google Pixel. If you don’t care about design, this model can be a good fit. High memory capacity, fantastic camera, and long battery life make it a perfect student companion. As a bonus, the latest Android version is installed;
- Nokia 6.1. With broad and short 5.5 inches screen, you can easily reach things without performing weird gymnastics with your fingers. The phone has industrial aluminum design, NFC for Google Pay, compact size, and expandable storage up to 256 GB. The disadvantage is the date of launch (February 2018) and huge bezels;
- Moto G7 Power. The phone has a massive battery, Snapdragon 632 powerful processor, and a 12-megapixel camera. It can provide you with up to three days without charging, fingerprint sensor, and expandable storage, but it’s terrible with software updates.
The smartphone is an excellent investment for all college students as it becomes your irreplaceable assistant in class and after school. Buying a good smartphone, you save yourself from headaches and sleepless nights over your assignments.