The IFA 2020, which is taking place in Berlin, Germany, had been hosting a number of premium brand companies catering opportunities for them to showcase their products of excellence. With a list of other renowned brands like Samsung, JBL, Realme, Qualcomm, and others, it is a great opportunity for the Shenzhen, China-based Huawei, Honor to pave its way with exclusive debut products.
These include products like Honor Band 5, Band 5 Pro, Honor Watch ES, and MagicWatch 2. But its greatest feat lies in creating a much cheaper substitute for Samsung Galaxy Watch 3- the launch of Honor Watch GoPro.
Certified by the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC), Huawei had first mentioned it in the year 2019, somewhat around September and since then the journey has never stopped. Earlier in the year 2015 Huawei first began to allocate wearable technologies alongside the smartphone stocks in the US. And in all these five years, the motto was to reinvent and recreate.
The new Honor Watch GS Pro is meant for hardcore activity wearable, suitable in rugged topography and outdoor surroundings. The watch appears in 14 of the 29 MIL-STD-810G military spec ruggedization tests and offers 5 ATM water resistance.
It is enabled with the Kirin A1 chipset. It also has the features of enabling notifications for weather reports or WhatsApp messages and even email popups. Though it does not have an in-built AI-assistance embedded in it, this watch does support GPS tracking that lasts for up to 48 hours with the power-saving mode on, even while operating the GPS technology.
Specifications of honor Watch GS ProInclude:
- It has a 1.39-inch circular AMOLED display of 454 x 454 pixels, SpO2 monitor, with a high-spec screen for better display. The watch appears with a large main body, and two removable straps big enough for a better grip and a stainless bezel. Made of fluoro rubber these straps give a smoother texture altogether. The watch has also passed the military IL-STD-810G tests and is qualified with water-resistant features up to 50 meters.
- Its own GPS algorithm. This built-in dual positioning system further helps in activating another associated feature called Route Back which helps the wearer to trace back the starting point of the journey easily.
- It offers over 100 fitness modes alongside the standard features which include open water swimming, mountain biking, hiking, and skiing. These different modes with their specific feature details help the wearer to keep a track of speed, descent distance, overall distance and time, heart rate, training effect as well as the blood oxygen.
- The watch features 13 different cardio-workout such as ‘Easy Run’ and ‘Fat Burning Run’ to ‘MAF180’ and ‘Long Slow Distance Run.
- This watch also has a music player suitable background ambiance and supports 25 days of battery life.
Altogether, Honor Watch GS Pro is currently available in shades of white, black, and blue, it is still a host of the best features that any other smartwatch can provide. But the surprise lies in the fact that despite all these features put all together, it comes at a very affordable price of 249 Euros Only.
Currently, it is announced that the sale will begin from 7th September over their official site. However, the site remains restricted to the USA and Europe. Indian customers might have to wait till October for the official purchase.
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss an update on the latest tech, gaming, startup, how to guide, deals and more.