On the 13th of October, Facebook has announced of bringing new features and updates for its chat forum, Messenger app, where people will be introduced to new preset chat colors, chat themes, and custom new effects alongside a brand new logo color close to that of Instagram.
Initially, Messenger was developed as an American messaging app under the initiatives of Facebook Inc. and by 2010 it became mandatory as the exclusive Facebook chat platform enabling an easier connection between people and Facebook users all across the globe.
Its popularity hiked up with features like call and contact syncing, voice recording, and other options, making it a bigger platform for holding easier access and manageability, in synchronization to one’s Facebook profile.
This time, Facebook has gone a step forward with its new development for Messenger that will include the following accessible options:
- Easy, ‘Watch-together’ options with friends, where a community of friends will access and share the same screen view together, at any given point in time, from any corner of the world.
- Video calls will have other content along with ‘watch tv’ options as well.
- “Guest reaction Custom Reaction” where people will be able to select a wide range of reactions from the emoji provided for chats instead of the earlier static click action.
- Introduction of more color options for the dialogue box.
- The messenger app will also update a wallpaper tool, enabling users to choose the background of their chats based on their choice, aided by different styles.
- A new ‘Vanishing Mode’ is also being worked upon, which will allow messages to disappear automatically, once read by the user.
Facebook has confirmed that the features are soon to appear and will be first released as an experiment in North America, followed by other regions.