On September 30, a staff engineer member from Chinese-based telecommunications firm Huawei @???? (?sent nickname Fox Sister) revealed Huawei Hongmeng Harmony OS 3.0. In his post on Weibo, he says Harmony OS 3.0 will knock your system soon.
As far as we know, Huawei will organize a developer conference HDC Together 2021, on October 24. However, Huawei hasn’t divulged any hint on content. Meanwhile, many prominent tipsters claim that Huawei is slated to present the Hongmeng HarmonyOS 3.0 version. If you’re an avid fan of Huawei, you can sate your thirst for being a Huawei.
In addition, the Chinese tech giant has partnered with tech Industries like Midea and other home appliances and electronic gadgets manufacturers to launch new HarmonyOS powered smart IoT (internet of things) products.
It is known that Huawei has partnered with colossal car manufacturers to set HarmonyOS bright screen and innovative car system on panel.
According to IT grounds, Huawei’s subsequent progress will be pretty contrasting to the prior announcement that they could bring PC/Laptops, Earphones, VR glasses, and other possible innovations. Huawei could further enlarge the developer community with HarmonyOS 3.0.
We’re left wondering while we encountered the official release of Hongmeng HarmonyOS development essential tool, Huawei DevEco Studio 3.0. Huawei officially launched the DevEco Studio 3.0 yesterday, and you can download the Beta 1 version from the Huawei Developer website.
DevEco 3.0 Features
We have collected new features of DevEco 3.0 and put them together to present them to you.
• The new 3.0 version of Devstudio added with a scoring tool is a local HarmonyOS application calculation tool, which can be used to examine and calculate the standard of HarmonyOS applications or atomic services
• While assembling and building the Homological Algebra Programming (HAP) package, a single Module is added to compile all the databases. For instance, In a scenario where only one of the Modules needs to be compiled in a multi-module project, the speed of compilation and construction can be increased.
• If we look into the enhanced features of Huawei DevEco Studio 3.0 Beta 1, we can find out the Compile and build the plug-in updated to version 184.108.40.206.
• It also includes resource errors support and quick fixes of bugs. Java, XML, and JSON editors are magnified.
• Moreover, the developer can switch manually between the Ohos view and the default view is the Project view. The new version features low code development functions. It supports Tablet device development, atomic layout development, and multi-device development.
• The new distributed simulator supports the “Phone+TV” connections.
There are also some bug issues founded on V 3.0, as mentioned below:
• Developers had encountered issues like while using c++varaible visualization function to debug, debugging of single-step operations has been stuck over time, and also the persistent changing values of the variable shown untypical
• Preview doesn’t support for projects template made using Video Player Ability (Java), Device Control Ability (JS), Image Editor Ability (Java), Picture Browser Ability (Java)
• The projects made by the Splash Screen Ability (Js)template do not support the script of the app. terminate, and also some developers encountered debugging problems. This is quite normal in the late 90s.
• Here comes the major flaw, while doing phone and tablet debugging, clicking the rotate button will cause the debugging to terminate.
Furthermore, Devstudio also consists of some new features besides basic code development, compilation and construction, and commissioning.
• It also supports multi-device simulators: It offers simulator resources for multiple devices such as mobile phones, car machines, tablets, smart screens, and smart wearable devices and TV to make it easy for the developers to debug.
For those unaware of HarmonyOS, kindly pay heed, and you’ll be forgiven for knowing it through your fingertips. HarmonyOS is Huawei’s operating system; unlike other firms, Huawei HarmonyOS was officially launched two years prior at the Developer Conference of Huawei Happened in August 2019. You could have encountered HarmonyOS 2.0. It was unleashed in September 2020 at the yearly Huawei Developer Conference.
HarmonyOS 2.0, especially for mobile phones, was launched on September 16, 2020. IT ground has learned that Huawei Hongmeng system update users have surpassed the glut number of 120 million. We can expect this number will reach 300 million by the end of 2021.