Graphic designing is a great field to build a career in if you are interested in working as an artist or want to portray your creativity. With increasing emphasis on visual appeal in marketing campaigns and promotions, graphic designers can also be spotted in the corporate domain. There are many universities offering graphic design courses in London that can provide you with all the skills to become a successful designer. Read ahead to learn what you can benefit from a graphic design program and what scholarship option can help you fund your graphic design studies in the UK.
What are the benefits and career prospects of pursuing a graphic design degree in London?
A graphic designing career can bring a host of benefits along with it. You are allowed to bring your creativity to the workplace to come up with visually appealing designs and products. You can also expect a wide variety of career prospects across different industries and domains.
Here are a few interesting career profiles open to graphic design graduates.
- Graphic designing specialist
- Comic book illustrator
- Production artist
- UIUX designer
- Website designer
- Art director
- Art museum curators
- Digital illustrators
- Marketing campaign artists
Is a graphic design degree in London quite expensive?
The cost of a graphic design degree in the UK can depend upon the type, of course, you have selected and the university offering it. A formal four-year college degree is sure to cost much more than a diploma in graphic designing.
According to topuniversities.com, an average undergraduate degree in graphic design can set you back by £ 92,50 each year. As an international student, you can incur more tuition fee costs than local students.
What kind of scholarships can you get for studying graphic design courses in London?
The UK government has made it easier for international and local students to fund their graphic design education in the country through several well-known scholarship programs. Here are the top scholarships that will fund your design education in the UK.
1. International Excellence Scholarship: This scholarship awards an amount of £ 8,000 to deserving students enrolled in design courses at an undergraduate level.
2. Chevening Partnership Scholarship: As per the terms of this scholarship, the receiving student can get a full-fee waiver for their master’s program in graphic design.
3. Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship: You can consider this scholarship if you plan to pursue your graduate-level studies or a Ph.D. in the graphic design field. This program offers a full-fee waiver for a Ph.D. degree from an applicable university.
4. Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship: This scholarship program is applicable for bachelor’s degree courses. As per this option, you can get 50% off your graphic design bachelor’s degree fees waived off.
In addition to these publicly funded scholarship programs, many private universities also offer their own scholarship schemes for meritorious students. You can look up the eligibility criteria of these scholarships. And then apply for them in advance to increase your chances of securing suitable monetary aid.
Look for good art schools and creative universities today that offer great graphic design programs along with suitable scholarship options.