Affiliate marketing has developed into an industry worth over $150B per year worldwide. It is commonly used by businesses looking to increase their customer base, with affiliate networks like Commission Junction offering cost-effective and profitable access to millions of potential customers.
Why is it worth doing affiliate marketing with Bitcoins?
This is a saving for merchants, as typically, a business will have to incur a certain amount of money on advertising, which does not come directly from the customer but from the merchant.
For the affiliate, who is receiving a commission for their work, it allows them to get paid instantly and without confirmation from the merchant. This will save time and money, as transactions can occur much faster than with traditional payment systems such as PayPal.
10 ways by which bitcoin and affiliate marketing are connected:
- Bitcoin’s rise to fame has created many buzzes that have spilled over into affiliate marketing. Simply put, bitcoin can be used as either the primary payment method or at least added as an alternative payment method on almost any website through their affiliate programs. Moreover, bitcoin transactions are almost instant and free!
- Another way affiliate marketing and bitcoin are connected is because cryptocurrencies generally provide a way to make fast, easy, and anonymous transactions. It should be noted, however, that despite the anonymity of these transactions, it’s still up to each affiliate network whether or not they approve of the currency.
- The rise of bitcoin has also sparked an interest in cyber security and related areas. For example, many affiliate marketers are now taking courses on how to secure themselves for their website(s) and personal use (e.g., online banking).
- This has sparked an interest in other cryptocurrency opportunities, including Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple, amongst many others.
- With the relative ease of use that bitcoin provides affiliate marketers, it’s just a matter of time before cryptocurrencies are used to incentivize affiliates to take up other offers… either directly or through the medium of points systems.
- While it is true that the affiliate marketing industry was alive and kicking before bitcoin ever existed. There’s no doubt that this cryptocurrency has offered new hope to marketers looking for alternative payment methods which are both secure and trustworthy.
- Bitcoin might be the first of what could become numerous cryptocurrencies, all vying for their chance at the top spot. If this happens, expect the affiliate marketing industry to diversify further and new cryptocurrencies added as alternative payment methods on websites.
- Bitcoin is not controlled by any singular authority. Therefore simply a decentralized currency that affords people all over the world more control and power over their transactions (e.g., PayPal is run out of America).
- Bitcoin has only been around for less than a decade; however, in that time, it has grown exponentially and is now accepted by many organizations both online and offline. While the same cannot be said about its digital competition (yet), this could change with time as bitcoin gains more trust amongst internet users.
- This is an attractive feature that has sparked interest from many different types of marketers. Some of these rely on anonymity more than others; however, this could change drastically in the future. You can create your free crypto trading account on Bitcoin Profit Auto-bot.
Bitcoin and Affiliate Marketing: Effectiveness
In fact, over the last few years, it has been gaining in popularity especially when you consider that one in ten people now make their living from affiliate marketing!
Elegant Themes - The most popular WordPress theme in the world and the ultimate WordPress Page Builder. Get a 30-day money-back guarantee. Get it for Free
Indeed, with cryptocurrency being accepted by so many of the world’s biggest companies, it is becoming increasingly difficult to ignore… Which is excellent news for affiliate marketers!
While bitcoin and affiliate marketing are both very different industries, several factors have led to their association. These include Bitcoin, which offers a secure payment method for affiliate marketers. Also, Bitcoin is relatively new in the market. Alongside it has faced several obstacles to becoming one of the world’s biggest cryptocurrencies. It could be argued that
this gives bitcoin a similar feel to many newly launched affiliate products from both a marketing and consumer standpoint.