Epic Games continues to include new material, with the most recent significant upgrade hitting only two weeks ago. The last hotfix patch, v20.30 saw the devastation of Tilted Towers as the conflict between the IO and indeed the Resistance raged on, including the reappearance of lightsabers and unique cosmetics in honor of Star Wars Day. Today (on 17 May), Fortnite received a fresh new update, and patch details for the v20.40 update have now been published, which shows the island has undergone considerable changes
Epic Games also made some improvements to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S platforms. So, let’s go through the major Fortnite changes in the v20.40 patch update revealed in the official blog post.
Fortnite v20.40 patch update shows improvements to PS5 and Xbox series
The PS5 and Xbox series consoles have received two big upgrades. Players who enable the “Low Input Latency Mode” in the settings (Settings > Game > Extra Game Options) on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles operating at 60 frames per second will experience less input latency. By default, Low Input Latency will be activated.
V-Bucks bought on PlayStation are now part of the Fortnite Shared Wallet. The purchased V-Bucks on PlayStation may now be spent on any platform that supports the Fortnite Shared Wallet (PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Android, and cloud gaming services).
Major changes in the v20.40 update
Epic Games is modifying its policy on in-game advertising of Islands with XP allowed in order to ensure a clear and equitable experience in terms of the Discover experience. Bringing up XP in photos, teasers, or the Island summary is potentially deceptive and will be prohibited; although, utilizing the XP tag is indeed permitted.
After the v20.40 patch update, sliding may now be enabled or disabled by the team or class in Fortnite. Overshield and Sprinting now have new settings that allow designers to customize how they work. The Video Player now includes new material. In addition to the six accessible music videos developed by xDogged, you may now utilize the “Party Royale Mix” in the Video Player.
- Collision difficulties with the massive rock base in the Spire Gallery have been resolved.
- The barrier prop from Chonker’s Speedway Prop Gallery was missing a bottom texture, which was fixed.
- Fixed a problem where players’ buildings were destroying IO Blimp and The Fortress assets.
- The IO Blimp Archway now has a side foundation texture, which was previously missing.
Major device and gameplay fixes in the Fortnite v20.40 patch update
- The Heavy Turret is now the Mounted Anti-Vehicle Turret, while the Mounted Artillery Cannon is now the Siege Cannon is resolved.
- When numerous teams were able to initiate, the Tracker would not update properly for all of them are now fixed.
- Fixed a problem with the flashlight not turning on and emitting light.
- In the creative inventory, they have fixed an issue where certain goods were missing tags or were using the wrong tag.
The complete patch notes can be found on the Epic Games official website, which you may visit to learn more about the v20.40 patch.