At a THQ Nordic event, the future RTS games with medieval backdrops were showcased, providing players with new glimpses at the studio’s previously announced games. Players were flabbergasted when THQ Nordic revealed the gameplay trailer of a new game titled “Tempest Rising,” which has been modeled after sci-fi real-time strategy games from the 1990s.
Tempest Rising gameplay trailer provides a sneak peek at the game
The game’s trailer showed off some classic RTS gameplay reminiscent of earlier Command & Conquer games from the early 2000s. The story in Tempest Rising takes place in an updated version of 1997; therein players will engage in real-time combat as three opposing groups battle it out for control of the wreckage of a world decimated by nuclear war.
Tempest Rising is a classic RTS game with base-building elements set in a modern-day alternate history conflict premise. It has three distinct divisions, each with a distinct framework to combat and economy and providing a range of tactics for players of all stripes.
Additionally, it boasts engaging and rewarding gameplay that maintains a focus on strategy while compensating for skill, as well as maps with neutral structures and people to cope with. It has built-in customization features that allow players to approach the game in their own way in both single-player and multiplayer game modes.
Key features of the game
- Traditional RTS base construction with quick, effective, and brutal combat.
- Three asymmetrically playable factions, each with its own economy and gameplay.
- Each group has a distinct roster of units available.
- Two sweeping single-player campaigns with cutscenes in between missions.
- Based on Elo rating, it also features Custom games and ranked multiplayer matchmaking.
Minimum PC System Requirements for Tempest Rising
According to Steam, the minimum requirement for the PC version are listed below:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 or 11 (64-bit)
- Processor: 3.0 GHz or faster AMD or Intel CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G or AMD Kaveri A10-7850K or an Intel Pentium DualCore G3220 or later is advised (for systems using an integrated GPU)
- RAM memory: 8 GB
- Storage: 30 GB
- A dedicated AMD/NVIDIA graphics card with at least 4GB of dedicated VRAM, DirectX 11.0, and Shader Model 5.1 compatibility is required for visuals.
- 11th version of DirectX
What is the release date for Tempest Rising?
Tempest Rising is scheduled to premiere in 2023, however fans of GamesCom can experience an early sample of the game now, which includes a constrained multiplayer trial. The trailer though seems to be promising.