In the last few weeks, Sony’s IMX978 and IMX890 were reportedly exposed with a double-frame super large bottom sensor for photo and video. As reported by TechGoing, the IMX978 is a 1-inch flagship CIS with 52Mp 1.55μm luxury specifications, known as the double-frame super bottom of the photo video two hands.
On the other hand, the IMX890 is said to be a conventional large-bottom sensor, which will be widely used in the current mid-range cell phone market, similar to the IMX 586 and IMX 766.
Sony’s IMX890: A 50.3 Megapixel CMOS Image Sensor with Square Pixels for Color Cameras
However, as we just discovered in a tweet from the popular, reliable tipster, Sony has uncovered the new IMX890-AAJH5-C with some general description and application. The leak revealed Sony’s IMX890 is a diagonal 10.240 mm (Type 1/1.56) 50.3 Mega-Pixel CMOS image sensor with square pixels for color cameras.
Elegant Themes - The most popular WordPress theme in the world and the ultimate WordPress Page Builder. Get a 30-day money-back guarantee. Get it for Free
Additionally, the images shared by the tipster show that the IMX890 is a type 1/1.56, 50.3MP, QBC CFA, and 2×2 OCL with full resolution output@30fps. Moving to the general description and application shows that the image sensor is an IMVOOD in diaconal 10 240 mm (Tune 1/1 581 50 2 Men’s naval CMOS with a high frame rate.
Sony’s IMX890 Functions and Features
The functions and features of the new Sony IMX890 image sensor include the following:
- Back-illuminated and stacked CMOS image sensor
- Quad Bayer Coding (QBC) color filter arrangement Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF) with 2x20CL
- High Frame Rate
- 30frame/s@Full resolution (QBC Re-mosaic)
- 120frame/s@2×2 Adjacent Pixel Binning (16:9)
- 480frame/s@2×2 Adjacent Pixel Binning V2H2(16:9)
- High signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- A dual-sensor synchronization operation
- Built-in 2D Dynamic Defect Pixel Correction (DPC)
- Lens Shading Correction (LSC)
- Built-in temperature sensor
- The output video format of RAW10, RAW8
- QBC Re-mosaic function
- Two PLLs for independent clock generation for pixel control and data output interface
- CSI-2 serial data output
- MIPI C-PHY 1trio/2trio/3trio, Max 3.5Gsps/Trio, C-PHY spec. ver. 1.2 compliant MIPI D-PHY 2lane/4lane, Max. 2.5Gbps/lane, D-PHY spec. ver. 1.2 compliant
- 2-wire serial communication (Supports I2C “Fast mode” and “Fast-mode Plus”, 13C)
- DOL function (Quad Binning and 10-bit mode only)
4K bit of OTP ROM for users.
It seems Sony IMX 890 is the new IMX766 of the same size. Do let us know in the comments