When it comes to B2B web development for industrial companies, you’re juggling a million different tasks all at once. It’s easy to get lost in the details and forget about the bigger picture. But fear not; we have developed a handy B2B web development checklist! It will keep you on track and ensure your website becomes a powerful marketing tool for your business.
Start with the strategy.
- Define your target audience. Before you even start designing your website, you must know who you’re building it for. Research your target audience’s needs, pain points, and goals. This will help inform the design and functionality of your website.
- Be clear about the website’s goals and objectives. Clearly define the goals and objectives of the website. These could include: increasing sales, generating leads, or building brand awareness. Make sure you understand how the website will help your B2B organization achieve these goals and objectives.
Apply to Design
- The creative brief. The website’s design should reflect the client’s brand. This includes things like the colour scheme, typography, and imagery. Make sure the design is consistent throughout the website and aligns with the client’s brand guidelines.
- Create a sitemap and wireframes. Develop a sitemap that outlines the structure of the website and wireframes that show the layout of each page. This will help you and the client visualize the website’s structure and ensure that all the necessary elements are included.
- Images make or break a design. Use high-quality images relevant to the content, not chosen at random. Ideally, images should be produced specifically for the website design but if that’s not an option, consider paid stock images. The issue with free photos is that you will find them on many other websites!
- Make it accessible. Ensure that your website is accessible to users with disabilities. This includes adding alternative text for images, using proper headings, ensuring the website can be used with a keyboard and providing captioning for videos.
Translate through Development
- Optimize for user experience. UX is critical for any website, but especially for B2B websites. Make sure the website is easy to navigate, loads quickly and is optimized for mobile devices. The website should be intuitive and provide a positive user experience.
- Make it mobile-friendly. In today’s world, people are constantly on the go and accessing websites from their mobile devices. They might not make the purchasing decision on a mobile, but they will definitely use it as a confirmation tool before they do. Your website must be optimized for mobile to ensure a seamless user experience.
- Speed and technical SEO. No one likes to wait more than 7 seconds for a website to load. Make sure your website is optimized for speed to keep users engaged and reduce bounce rates.
- Security is a must. Use HTTPS and security measures like SSL certificates. This will help protect the website and its visitors from cyberattacks.
- Test, test, test. Before launching your website, make sure to test it thoroughly. Test it on different devices and browsers and ask for user feedback to ensure it’s user-friendly. Make sure to check for any broken links or missing elements.
- Plan for the future. Websites need regular maintenance and updates to ensure they remain effective and relevant. Make sure to make a maintenance plan to keep the content up-to-date and fix any technical issues that arise.
Conversions are the raison d’être of a website.
- CTAs! Include calls-to-action (CTAs) throughout the website to encourage visitors to take action. This could include things like signing up for a newsletter, scheduling a demo with a salesperson, or downloading a case study.
- Don’t make them look for you. Include contact information, such as a phone number and email address, and your social media links in a prominent location on your website, such as the footer. And remember to add a contact form for easy communication.
- Optimize for SEO. Search engine optimization is crucial for driving traffic to your website. Make sure your website is optimized for SEO to improve your search engine rankings and visibility.
- Implement analytics to track progress. Add analytics to the website so that you can track visitors and their behaviour on the website. This will help your organization understand how the website is performing and identify areas that need improvement.
- Add a blog. A blog is a great way to keep your website fresh, engage with your audience, and improve SEO. It’s also the perfect platform to share B2B industry insights and thought leadership content.
- Make sure it’s easy to buy or request a quote. If you’re selling products or services online, the buying process should be as simple and straightforward as possible. If you can’t have e-commerce – as it’s common for manufacturers or large chemical companies, include an easy-to-use form to request a quote.
- Chatbots actually work. Chatbots can help improve customer service! They can be set up to answer frequently asked questions, automate repetitive tasks and help customers find the information they need.
- Don’t stop improving. Continuously improve your website by gathering feedback from the client and their customers and making changes accordingly. Keep the website updated and use the analytics you collect to make relevant changes to optimize for traffic and conversions.
Remember, communication with your B2B industrial web development agency is critical throughout the development process. Make sure you are kept informed and involved in the decision-making process. You will maximize your success rate by making your web development project a priority and making yourself available for a productive collaboration.
This will help ensure that the final product meets your company’s needs and exceeds your expectations. And try to enjoy the process! Building a website can be a challenging but ultimately rewarding experience for your business goals.