TechGenyz is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced News Editor to lead tech coverage in the company. The editor will cover a range of topics for the section that includes mobile news, apps, gaming, social media, software reviews, AR/VR, and more from the tech domain.
The responsibilities include infusing tech into the entire report by collaborating with other parts of the newsroom, pairing tech reporters with non-tech reporters, channeling stories by tech reporters to the appropriate desks, and suggesting content across platforms.
Candidates should have at least two years of experience (mandatory) editing news and feature stories and be a strong conceptualizer of stories in many formats.
Having experience working in tech media website is an added advantage.
Candidates should have proven editing experience, be familiar with TechGenyz’s voice and technology coverage, be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and have a strategic, critical eye — all while balancing sensitivity and inclusivity in everything they cover.
- Edit and produce news to present information with accuracy, flow, and within the time frame
- Manage and edit contents to cater to readers’ requirement and provide detailed information for the same
- Design and implement coverage strategies to facilitate broad coverage of all sorts of issues and news
- Evaluate all news for authenticity and check with sources to ensure the correctness of published article to avoid conflicts
- Collaborate with reporters, editors and Marketing Manager to facilitate efficient news coverage to strengthen company’s position in the media market
- Monitor all feeds from news bureaus and other agencies for editing and further publication
- Editing copy, written by reporters or features writers, to remove spelling mistakes and grammatical errors
- Rewriting material so that it flows or reads better and adheres to the house style of a particular publication
- Writing headlines that capture the essence of the story or are clever or amusing
- Checking facts and stories to ensure they are accurate, adhere to copyright law
- Proofreading complete content and editing
Master’s degree in English, communications, journalism, or a related field with at least two years of experience in supporting content/online role.
- Solid news writing skills and a critical eye
- Detail-oriented, organized and comfortable managing sensitive topic areas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability of editing news copy
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a creative team, and possess exceptional editing skills
- Must be able to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced evolving environment
- Experience in journalism, reporting, and media
- Experience sourcing, researching and writing creative, engaging technology stories and headlines
- Should have strong editorial judgment, and the ability to keep Apple’s brand identity in mind when making content decisions.
- Extraordinary copy-editing skills.
TechGenyz is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other protected category. TechGenyz is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and employees.
Job Type:Full Time
Job Locations:Kolkata/Work from Home