Follow us on:
Icon
Subscribe
×

ISRO’s Chandrayaan 2 mission is still on: Here’s what you need to know

India’s Chandrayaan 2 mission is not a fail. Maybe soft-landing on the Moon has gone off-script, but the ambitious Chandrayaan 2 mission has been far from a flop. “Only 5 percent of the mission has been lost – Vikram the lander and Pragyan the rover – while the remaining 95 percent – that is the […]

Chandrayaan 2: Vikram lander lost communication before it touches Moon’s land

ISRO chief K Sivan has confirmed that communications with Chandrayaan-2’s Vikram lander have been lost. Live visuals from the ISRO command center was on and the “15 minutes of terror” was about to end with its lander just minutes away from landing when the communication got lost. ISRO is still awaiting a signal from Vikram […]

Chandrayaan 2 live telecast; an enthralling experience for Indians

India will create history by becoming the first nation to reach closest to the Moon’s the South Pole with an attempt to make a soft landing. The Chandrayaan 2 Moon mission is scheduled to land on the lunar surface after midnight today and to witness the historic moment National Geography will take its viewers on […]

The second de-orbiting maneuver of Chandrayaan -2 spacecraft done

The second de-orbiting maneuver of Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft has been carried out successfully. Inching towards achieving a historic soft-landing on the lunar surface. – ISRO With the help of this maneuver, the required orbit for the Vikram Lander to commence its descent towards the lunar surface is finally achieved. The de-orbiting or retro-orbiting maneuver happened for […]

Chandrayaan-2 lander Vikram separates from the orbiter

Pragyaan and Vikram are finally on their way to the Moon. Praygyaan is Chandrayaan-2 six-wheeled rover that is currently housed in the Vikram lander. “The health of the orbiter and lander is being monitored from the Mission Operations Complex… All the systems of Chandrayaan 2 orbiter and lander are healthy,” – ISRO The separation took […]

Fourth lunar bound orbit maneuver for Chandrayaan-2 successfully done

ISRO (The Indian Space Research Organization) has successfully performed the fourth lunar bound orbit maneuver for the Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft on Friday. The spacecraft is currently en route for a rendezvous with the Moon. “The duration of the maneuver was 1155 seconds. The orbit achieved is 124 km x 164 km.” ISRO updated. This is a […]

ISRO Gaganyaan manned mission will not have any woman astronaut onboard

ISRO’s inaugural flight of Gaganyaan would not have any women astronaut onboard. According to ISRO officials, they are looking for test pilots from the Armed Forces, and sadly, the Armed Forces do not have any woman on their team. However, ISRO is not ruling out women as potential pilots or crew altogether but for this […]

Russia to supply rocket engine tech in India for Gaganyaan – ISRO chairman confirmed

India is in discussion with Russia over a wide range of cooperation in the space sector. Russia has offered its semi-cryogenic engine technology, and critical components for India’s human space capsule confirmed K. Sivan, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman on Sunday. We are in talks with the Russian space agency on various aspects, and […]

ISRO tweeted the first photo of the Moon taken by Chandrayaan-2

ISRO has tweeted a photo on August 22, 2019, of the Moon taken by Chandrayaan 2. The image posted on Twitter was taken by the Vikram Lander on August 21. ISRO has also highlighted and pointed out the other two occupations, the Apollo crater, and the Mare Orientale basin. The Vikram Lander is currently flying […]

ISRO targets at launching a small satellite launch vehicle by December

In the last 50 years since it was founded, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has come a long way by overcoming technological hurdles and achieving several milestones. Indian Space Research Organization has now announced at launching Small Satellite Launch vehicle by December. ISRO’s Chairman, Dr.K Sivan, said that this new space vehicle would enable commercial […]

ISRO gets success in entering into Lunar orbit: Chandrayaan 2 updates

Indian Space Research Organisation, popularly known as ISRO had attempted to put Chandrayaan 2 into lunar orbit today precisely at 9 am and had a successful insertion process. ISRO Chairman K. Sivan has updated the status of Chandrayaan 2 through a live media conference today. He informed the media that the lunar orbit insertion maneuver […]

ISRO receives the first customer for its commercial wing, the NSIL

Spaceflight, a couple of days ago, announced that they have started a ride-sharing scheme for its space rockets. So far Spaceflight has helped ISRO in sending over 100 spacecraft to orbits. These spacecraft were mounted on Spaceflight rockets. This April ISRO launched 21 satellites for Spaceflight in its PSLV C-45 mission including 20 Flock-4a satellites […]

Icon