- Aug 4, 2021
Sony Electronics today announced its new EXTRA BASS wireless speaker lineup, with the addition of the SRS-XB43, SRS-XB33 and SRS-XB23. Delivering superb audio quality, durability and usability, users can enjoy superior sound wherever they go. With up to 24 hours of battery life, they are the perfect companion for any adventure.
“Customers expect best-in-class sound when they purchase any Sony audio product, and these new wireless speakers are no exception,” said Mike Fasulo, president and chief operating officer, Sony Electronics North America. “This new lineup offers peak performance by creating clear, full sound with new colours and a compact, stylish design.”
New Lineup Highlights:
- EXTRA BASS Sound: Enjoy deep, punchy bass anywhere with Sony’s latest EXTRA BASS wireless speaker. The layout of the speakers’ side passive radiators is optimized to reproduce clear bass while a rigid and lightweight Mica Reinforced Cellular (MRC) cone and dust cap contribute to the sound quality.
- X-Balanced Speaker Unit: Sony’s newly developed X-Balanced Speaker Unit achieves high-quality audio and powerful sound pressure for a richer and deeper listening experience. The unit’s non-circular shape maximizes the speaker diaphragm area, increasing sound pressure for punchier bass. It also reduces driver excursion while maintaining the same sound pressure, resulting in less distortion. For example, XB33’s level of sound pressure has increased by around 30 per cent and its distortion rate has decreased by around 25 per cent when compared to its predecessor XB32.
Unlike the circular diaphragm in a conventional speaker unit, the X-Balanced Speaker Unit in the Sony XB43 features an almost rectangular diaphragm. Its 2-way speaker system combines a woofer for low-to-mid frequencies with a dedicated tweeter for higher range frequencies. The result is a powerful sound, deep punchy bass and exceptional vocal clarity.
Additionally, the X-Balanced speaker unit in the Sony XB33 and XB23 features a newly developed non-circular diaphragm and off-centre design. The new design maximizes the speaker diaphragm to create more sound pressure in a compact size.
- LIVE SOUND Mode (XB43/XB33): The LIVE SOUND mode feature lets users hear music in a whole new way with 3-dimensional sound experience as if they were at a live music venue.
- Water-resistant, Dustproof and Rustproof: With an IP67 rating, customers can take their speaker to the beach, the forest, the desert or their backyard. These speakers are dustproof, water-resistant and rustproof, so the fun can continue regardless of the environment.
- Next-level Durability with Shockproof Design (XB33/XB23): The speakers have undergone extensive shock testing and their new shockproof durable design can withstand the inevitable knocks, bumps and scrapes that come with everyday use.
- Light Up the Party with Fiestable and Sony | Music Center Apps (XB43/XB33): Liven up any atmosphere, whether it be the living room or an outdoor barbeque, with the speakers’ fresh design, which now features multi-colour line light, tweeter and speaker lighting. Using the Fiestable and Sony Music Center apps, customers can sync the lights with the beat, change colour or simply turn the lighting off to suit any mood.
- Party Connect: With Party Connect, users can connect up to 100 compatible wireless speakers with Bluetooth technology to sync the music and lights so everyone can dance to the same beat.
- New Stylish Design and Form Factor: The perfect complement to any design-forward space or awe-inspiring outdoor landscape, the lineup offers a wide array of new colours including taupe, light green, blue and red.
Carry music anytime, anywhere, thanks to the redesigned XB23, created with convenience in mind. Compact, lightweight and easy to carry, the Sony XB23 fits perfectly into a backpack pocket or folding chair cupholder and features a convenient strap to hang it from a tent or tree during a weekend camping trip.
- Extended Battery and Seamless Connectivity with USB Type-C: With a battery life of up to 24 hours, adventurers can set out for long trail hikes or other outdoor experiences. When power gets low, they can charge the speakers via newly adopted USB Type-C. Customers can also connect their smartphone to the speakers via USB Type-A for battery charging, so their phones last as long as they do. Additionally, by simply connecting a phone to the speakers using Bluetooth technology and NFC, they can continue to listen to favourite tracks wherever they go.
Pricing and Availability
The Sony SRS-XB43 wireless speaker model has a suggested retail price of $249.99 and is available to pre-order today in black and blue.
The Sony SRS-XB33 model has a suggested retail price of $149.99 and is available to pre-order today in black, blue, red and taupe.
The Sony SRS-XB23 model has a suggested retail price of $99.99 and is available to pre-order today in black, blue, red, taupe and green.