Disclaimer: We may earn a commission if you make any purchase by clicking our links. Please see our detailed guide here.

Follow us on:

Google News

LG Acquires Stake in South Korea’s AppleMango

Ananya Sengupta
Ananya Sengupta
She is keen on research and analysis be it in the tech world or in the social world. She's interested in politics and political opinion and likes to express herself through music, penning down her thoughts and reading.

Join the Opinion Leaders Network

Join the Techgenyz Opinion Leaders Network today and become part of a vibrant community of change-makers. Together, we can create a brighter future by shaping opinions, driving conversations, and transforming ideas into reality.

The South Korean multinational LG had acquired a stake of 60% in the South Korean electric vehicle charger solutions provider, AppleMango, jointly with GS Energy and GS Neotek. Out of the remaining 40%, GS Energy has acquired a stake hold of 34%, and GS Neotek has acquired a stake of 6%.

Since AppleMango was founded in 2019, it has produced slow and fast chargers for use in homes and businesses. Among its patent-pending technologies and systems is a thin, fast charger designed to meet the growing global demand for electric vehicle charging solutions (Little Fox).

It is expected that the global electric vehicle charger’s market size will surpass around $64.67 billion by 2030 with a CAGR of 28% from 2022 to 2030, as stated by Precedence Research. The size of the global EV charging business was $7.1 billion in the preceding year.

Acquiring the EV charger business shall accelerate the growth of LG’s EV charging solutions business and enable the company to capture future business opportunities. Furthermore, the acquisition will help LG electronics become a comprehensive solutions provider by combining new charger development capabilities and existing in-house developed EV charging management systems. – LG Electronics

LG plans to build an EV charger manufacturing line in South Korea this year and will provide customized charging solutions to consumers, shopping malls, hotels, and public organizations in the near future.

Join 10,000+ Fellow Readers

Get Techgenyz’s roundup delivered to your inbox curated with the most important for you that keeps you updated about the future tech, mobile, space, gaming, business and more.


Partner With Us

Digital advertising offers a way for your business to reach out and make much-needed connections with your audience in a meaningful way. Advertising on Techgenyz will help you build brand awareness, increase website traffic, generate qualified leads, and grow your business.

Power Your Business

Solutions you need to super charge your business and drive growth

More from this topic