The Outlook mobile was introduced as an on-the-go email app that is user-friendly and has enterprise-grade security to it. After its launch, almost three years later, Microsoft has decided to add more advanced security functions with the Microsoft Information Protection native labeling and also an enhanced device management feature on the phone. The new features will enhance connectivity between users, helping them make the best use of Favourite Notifications and Microsoft Teams Integration.
The Outlook mobile app has only been bettered with time by the support capabilities of FedRAMP, Hybrid Modern Authentication, and other security functions that help to protect private files and information. Razer and companies like Adventist Health System have become customers of Outlook, and several other devices use Outlook as the primary organization app.
From a support perspective, Microsoft Intune and mobile email with Exchange Online have been tremendous timesavers. Employees had to unenroll and re-enroll devices in a previous email security program, and our infrastructure support team was inundated with support tickets around the need to resync mobile email accounts. But with Intune, employees download the Microsoft Outlook mobile app, we apply the correct policies, and they’re off and running. – Tony Qualls, Director of Enterprise Technical Services at the customer company Adventist Health System
Even the ease with which the embedded files, folders, events, and Presentations in Powerpoints can be accessed from the phone itself, it has made the Outlook so much more special, according to the Senior Vice President of Mobile Division, Tom Moss, who works at Razor.
Outlook keeps private things private and helps secure the users’ information. The management and deployment of the Outlook Mobile besides the Enterprise Information protection will be that feature that will help Outlook Mobile more acceptable and useful to the users.
Easily apply sensitivity labels to emails
The emails accessed via Outlook Mobile can now be labeled as sensitive per the company’s policies. This is how very confidential information can be stored without a problem. The Microsoft Information Protection native labeling feature for iOS and Android shall encapsulate all the Microsoft 365 apps in a standard set of protection policies. There will be options available to the users. -“General,” ”Company Confidential” using footers to emails and encryption of the same.
These privacy options will enable only the filtered recipients to read and use the files when you add the sensitivity label to them. Using “Company Confidential.” The administrator can set up a company policy to change the labels if needed, and the change will be based solely on compliance and marked tracking reasons only.
The companies that use Outlook can set up their corporate email with the company’s privacy and security policies and also add calendar solutions. The following capabilities speak of the same –
Diminishing use of private accounts by enabling only Corporate accounts for Outlook – By allowing only access to the work accounts, the company personnel cannot use the personal accounts on company devices. This is also under the administrator’s control, who can specify which Business accounts can access the corporate email and OneDrive for that particular instance.
Commercial Outlook users will be able to have access to the following capabilities in the coming times –
1. Deployment of Outlook Mobile enabling continuity and consistency – The app configuration settings such as sync on and off, saving contacts, Touch ID features, stopping the inflow of external images, MailTips, focused Inbox settings can be now standardized on the Outlook for its deployment. Administrators will thus by making these features workable, enable users to have a smooth and consistent experience with the applications and beyond.
2. Setting up the account faster – new authentication-capable accounts can now support Outlook mobile account configurations. This will be under the administration’s control, enabling employees to use the correct account setup. They can perhaps make the setup possible using a simple password, and the feature is already available to Exchange-on-premises customers who have the basic authentication facility at their disposal.
3. New App Configuration poly in Microsoft Intune – A new app configuration policy in Microsoft Intune shall pull the account set up details for Exchange on-premises customers by basic authentication, like by passwords. In the coming months, more features and capabilities like syncing contacts and other configurations of apps will be made available by Outlook for its phone app. The Outlook for the phone now shall provide ways of integration and organization which shall enhance the connectivity and keep the priority list sorted for the users-
Meetings can be created in Calendar and directly joined from Outlook Mobile –
Team meetings can be integrated into Outlook. They are planning on adding a feature by early 2019 that will enable the users to add online Team meeting to Calendar events, and the meetings can be directly operated from Outlook itself.
Outlook mobile to use office lens technology –
Office Lens Intelligent solutions shall be able to save business cards directly in Outlook in the form of images, besides its ability to keep photos, whiteboard images, and other documents. Security functions shall operate in the way of the compliance with the company’s app protection policy and the camera settings on the phone shall have access to all these functions.
Favorite Notifications helps you stay connected with the people who are important to you –
Favorite Notification shall help us receive notifications of emails and events sent by only those contacts we have saved as favorites that may include the most important people like family members, boss, close colleagues among others. This feature shall be available in Outlook very soon.
1. Improved calendar sharing – Room Reservations, Sharing schedules and events with co-workers are now comfortable with Outlook. These will be searchable in Outlook and a coworker’s shared calendar can also be accessed using this. Thus people, places, schedules can easily be seen and shared using the Add Shared Calendar option. However, this feature is only available to the Commercial Customers for now.
2. Search in the calendar – The search option of specific Calendar events can be found in Outlook. This will encapsulate anything beyond the contacts, reservations, deliveries whereby the files and the documents shall be added search to calendar events. This feature will, however, be available to the users in a few months, but not now.