Apple has manufactured its iPhones with such brilliance that they are the most trusted phones in the market when it comes to security. The security clause is always dependent upon the vulnerability of a device to get hacked and further to data theft.
In today’s era, almost every mobile phone gives the users an option to set a passcode that might help them to secure their precious data. But the worst thing that might happen to an iPhone user is to forget the passcode and being left with a locked iPhone.
Also, it might happen that you have entered the wrong passcode 6 times and now your iPhone is displaying a message informing you that your device has been disabled. In such cases, many people may think ‘where should I sell my iPhone? But the interesting thing here is that selling your beloved device isn’t the only option left for you.
Forgetting your iPhone’s passcode can prove to be one of the most irritating things in the world. Why is that so? Because once you forget your passcode, you cannot really do anything with your iPhone except receiving calls from your acquaintances. In such a case, you have quite a few options that you can try to unlock your device to fetch your data. The best option you have in such a case is the way of unlocking your iPhone advised by Apple itself.
How To Unlock My iPhone Without Losing Data?
Unlocking a passcode locked iPhone can be a challenging task for some, but no matter how much of a challenge it is for you; you should never think where I shall sell my mobile until and unless you have tried everything and have failed. The data can only be recovered if you have previously made a backup of your device’s data on iCloud or iTunes.
This is the major reason that we suggest the iPhone users make a backup of your iPhone of iCloud and iTunes. Apple described the one and only way of unlocking your iPhone on its website and we will elaborate this task further in this article. Here, there are two ways to unlock your iPhone by restoring its data; iTunes and recovery mode.
Remove Passcode With The Help Of iTunes
iTunes is the most helpful software ever developed by Apple, as it provides iPhone users with every ease that they need in their lives. iTunes can only restore your iPhone and erase the passcode if you have synced your iPhone with the iTunes before. To remove the passcode with the help of iTunes you have to follow the steps described below:
1. Connect the iPhone with your computer. Make sure that you connect your iPhone with the computer that you have synced your iPhone with before.
2. Open the iTunes application on your computer. It might happen that the iTunes software asks you for the passcode. If it does, connect your iPhone with another computer that you have previously synced it with.
3. Once you have opened the iTunes software on your device, you shall wait for your device to sync with the software and then press the backup option.
4. Once your device is synced and the backup is done, you shall click on the option to restore your iPhone.
5. When your device is being restored and you have reached the setup screen. The next thing that you have to do is to click on restore from iTunes backup.
6. Once done with this process, select your device in the iTunes. Once your device is opened in the application; check all of the backups and choose the most relevant one according to its size and date.
This process would erase your forgotten passcode. This process is the most convenient one, but it might happen that your iPhone’s passcode doesn’t get erased from this process. It might happen because your device doesn’t sync with the iTunes properly. If such is the case, there is another way of erasing the passcode from your iPhone.
Remove Passcode With The Help Of Recovery Mode
It might happen that you have never synced your iPhone with iTunes. If such is the case, then you can easily remove the passcode of your iPhone with the help of recovery mode. To take the help of the recovery mode, you would have to follow the following steps:
1. Connect your iPhone with your computer. In this case, it’s not a must that you have synced your iPhone with that computer or not.
2. Once you have connected your iPhone with the computer; open the iTunes application and force restart your iPhone:
For iPhone 8 and later models: Press and immediately release the volume up button. After this press and immediately release the volume down button. Once done, press and hold the power button and you would have the recovery-mode screen displayed on your iPhone’s display.
For iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold volume down button and side button until your iPhone displays the recovery mode screen.
For iPhone 6 and earlier iPhones: Press and hold the home button and power button until your iPhone displays the recovery mode screen.
3. Once done, you would see an option to restore or update on your iTunes application. Press the restore option to restore your iPhone. iTunes would download software to restore your device. It shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes to do so, but if it does then your iPhone would exit recovery mode automatically. In such a case, you would have to repeat step 2 and 3.
4. Once you have pressed the restore option, wait for the process to finish and then set up your device as a new iPhone.
One of these two methods would definitely erase the passcode from your iPhone but if it doesn’t then your iPhone might have some problem that can’t be solved elsewhere as well. If such is the case with your iPhone, only then you should certainly think, ‘where shall I sell my iPhone?’ or ‘where shall I sell my mobile? The best place for you to sell your iPhone, in this case, is the mobile phone recycling platforms.
We recommend you to sell it to a mobile phone recycling platform, as if they cannot erase the passcode, then they would definitely recycle your iPhone in an environmentally friendly way.